[LE] XWM audio format?

apSion

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That link on page 2 to the .exe doesn't work anymore. Reupload anyone?

Worked for me so you're probably doing something wrong.

Thanks a lot for the guide! Now as others have asked, how do you actually put other sound files into the game? I'm assuming it would work if you just replace the files you want to change with your own, overswriting the old ones, and then pack it into a .bsa file again?

Edited by Quaft

Does this also work to decode mp3 into XWM? You know to put other music ingame?

I wondered that too. But I suppose you could convert MP3 to Wav, then Wav to .XWm. If there is a way to go straight from MP3 to .xwm I'd like to know.

The REAL question is HOW do we put custom music in the game? It doesn't seem to work like Oblivion where you drop files into say, the /music/explore folder and it randomly plays one. It seems to ONLY select ones on the list. So how do extend the list without overwriting the skyrim tracks? ~baffled~

Does this also work to decode mp3 into XWM? You know to put other music ingame?

I wondered that too. But I suppose you could convert MP3 to Wav, then Wav to .XWm. If there is a way to go straight from MP3 to .xwm I'd like to know.

The REAL question is HOW do we put custom music in the game? It doesn't seem to work like Oblivion where you drop files into say, the /music/explore folder and it randomly plays one. It seems to ONLY select ones on the list. So how do extend the list without overwriting the skyrim tracks? ~baffled~

Wait for the CS. The exploration music is selected by trigger volumes and done by area and time of day. These lists/scripts will need modified to add any additional music.

i follow the guide to the letter, but when i run the .bat, the window pops up for a second, then closes and nothing happens.

You need to run it from a command prompt.

Protip: In the folder with the bat file, hold shift and right click in the window, select "Open command window here", type in your bat file name, profit.