Having just realized the next "3" DLC's are the last...

JuJooGuppy

I wouldn't even put it in as settlements. It made sense to do it in FO4 as your rebuilding the Commonwealth but Beth would have to find a way to reintroduce the mechanics with a different purpose that doesn't hijack the gameplay we're used to. You're not going to have garbage all over a TES game would you?

True, but this TES were talking about. I don't see how odd it is to build your own place, maybe like HF you buy a land plot if it was that needed, but I don't see how it would matter if you were building in the wilds.

the next TES game has the potential to be their best game ever.

Yup. Fo4 did things right like the followers, ending the game with a faction you picked and also taming.

It would be cool in the next TES to tame let say a bear and be able to ride it right away. Or tweak a dwemer robot to make it your own.

s but then having the option of following a questline

How about giving you option of places? like:

A run down shack.

A big old farm.

A temple.

A ruin.

And each have their own quests about the owners and running the farm or be a priest, while also providing empty plots of land for those who don't want to.

Tamriel's society is more economically developed then Post-apoc America's so it's most likely that you'll buy the supplies directly.

Yeah, that would be the most logical route to go and they did that with the sawmills in Skyrim. You even had to be friendly with the npc there or they wouldn't sell to you. But I wouldn't make all of the supplies able to be bought. Maybe there's different kinds of wood for different effects and the high quality is hard to find so you have to find the location of the trees in the game and get it yourself.

Or tweak a dwemer robot to make it your own.

They could take the Automatron mechanics and translate that into Dwemer technology. Make your own Dwemer follower.

How about giving you option of places?

Certainly. Everyone will play through the game differently so the more options there are, the better.

They could take the Automatron mechanics and translate that into Dwemer technology. Make your own Dwemer follower.

Or make any your own.

With auto DLC, you can build a PC that relays on his robots and never attacks. You can do pretty much all the quests like this. It would be It would be sweet if you can use this to unlock places or quests.