Skyrim complete PC crashes

Zolexus

Here's a strange thing - even though my laptop is weak, it handled everything from Crysis 2 to Saint's Row 3. The only games that crashed just like Skyrim were Batman Arkham Asylum and Assassin's Creed Revelations. What do you think - could this be hardware-related?

I ve completed Batman Arkham Asylum. Twice. Not a single crash... And yet Im here in this thread lol.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a strange thing - even though my laptop is weak, it handled everything from Crysis 2 to Saint's Row 3. The only games that crashed just like Skyrim were Batman Arkham Asylum and Assassin's Creed Revelations. What do you think - could this be hardware-related?

I ve completed Batman Arkham Asylum. Twice. Not a single crash... And yet Im here in this thread lol.

Truly, it's strange. Because some person here said that Saint's Row 3 crashes same as Skyrim, yet it works for me, even though it's a little laggy

This game is designed for Xbox/ps3, we have PC the last generation, is ridiculous...should not crash!

so it is a problem of game, no hardware

They have created a nasty bug that makes a lot of computer crash

ROFL, wut? I seriously doubt this.

But you are right, Esburn. I do think my problem had a lot to do with overheating. I got a cooling mat and turned my fans up, and it works just fine now.

This game is designed for Xbox/ps3, we have PC the last generation, is ridiculous...should not crash!

so it is a problem of game, no hardware

They have created a nasty bug that makes a lot of computer crash

ROFL, wut? I seriously doubt this.

But you are right, Esburn. I do think my problem had a lot to do with overheating. I got a cooling mat and turned my fans up, and it works just fine now.

But, you see, if my laptop overheats, it turns itself off - it doesn't black-screen like Skyrim

It's not an overheating issue for me, the last time I tested my GPU was 60 and CPU 52 under heavy load. Not to mention it crashes after 10 seconds of playing which wouldn't give it enough time to overheat, and before when it only crashed when viewing the map I could play for 5 hours straight without a crash.

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and hope this sound thing fixes it.

Just registered to post this:

I had constant hard crashes under win 7x64 nVidia 570 in Skyrim. Crash was completely reproducible -- enter map screen, scroll around, *bam*, PC reset. Stable everywhere else (with exception of occasional, reproducible crashes in a house basement talking with another character).

Installed latest nVidia BETA driver (290.36). Reproducible crashes are GONE, BANISHED, FIXED.

Get it here: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Win 7 x64, go straight here: http://www.geforce.com/Drivers/Results/40030

This new 290 driver even adds Ambient Occlusion, which will make a major difference in shadow quality -- at a minor FPS expense. You can see the difference at the beta download page -- before/after images with a slider in the middle. Impressive, but it tends to peg my GPU more often.

Just registered to post this:

I had constant hard crashes under win 7x64 nVidia 570 in Skyrim. Crash was completely reproducible -- enter map screen, scroll around, *bam*, PC reset. Stable everywhere else (with exception of occasional, reproducible crashes in a house basement talking with another character).

Installed latest nVidia BETA driver (290.36). Reproducible crashes are GONE, BANISHED, FIXED.

Get it here: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Win 7 x64, go straight here: http://www.geforce.com/Drivers/Results/40030

This new 290 driver even adds Ambient Occlusion, which will make a major difference in shadow quality -- at a minor FPS expense. You can see the difference at the beta download page -- before/after images with a slider in the middle. Impressive, but it tends to peg my GPU more often.

Downloaded, installed, crashed. NEXT!

But yet again i ve never crashed on the map. Can look at it all day... just gets boring.

Edited by HurDerpDerp

Downloaded, installed, crashed. NEXT!

But yet again i ve never crashed on the map. Can look at it all day... just gets boring.

Sorry M8, hopefully this will work for someone else. To clarify, scrolling around on the map caused the crashes, afer a bit.

Edited by RenegadeXCA