Skyrim complete PC crashes

Zolexus

Downloaded, installed, crashed. NEXT!

But yet again i ve never crashed on the map. Can look at it all day... just gets boring.

Sorry M8, hopefully this will work for someone else. To clarify, scrolling around on the map caused the crashes, afer a bit.

Sounds like a corrupted file to me, mate.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Downloaded, installed, crashed. NEXT!

But yet again i ve never crashed on the map. Can look at it all day... just gets boring.

Sorry M8, hopefully this will work for someone else. To clarify, scrolling around on the map caused the crashes, afer a bit.

Sounds like a corrupted file to me, mate.

He said the new driver fixed it for him, obviously not a corrupted file.

It'll be interesting to see if it stays fixed though. Mine only crashed when I looked at the map and it progressively started happening at random during normal game play and more frequently as I went on.

Mine only crashed when I looked at the map and it progressively started happening at random during normal game play and more frequently as I went on.

Yeah, exactly the same here. I've tried pretty much every "solution" suggested in this thread, yet i am still crashing (even more frequently now - it usually crashes within first 10mins). I could play up to level 15 or so without single crash. This specific issue i am having (and some others), is not an overheating issue, or anything hardware related. Its either drivers or the game. I've tested every component in my computer for stability, readjusted my overclock, there is no way my system cannot handle Skyrim. I've even tried stress testing my cpu/gpu/memory, all at the same time - it wouldnt crash.

Arghh this is frustrating.

After 105 hours of gameplay, I began to experience hard crashes. This went on for two days, whilst I tried (probably) all of the suggestions posted here.

I even took my system apart, cleaned everything, and rebuilt it from the ground up.

Skyrim still crashed to a black screen with looping sound.

So I deleted it, via Steam. I deleted everything except my latest saved game file.

After a reinstall via the web, not the disc, the game ran as it did after I'd first installed it; clear gameplay for 6-ish hours.

Played again today for 4 hours, trouble free.

Given that I was getting hard crashes every 2-3 minutes from startup, I'm currently pretty happy.

I'm not touching a thing in the Options. I'm leaving the Prefs file alone. Not touching the Console.

Seems to work...

Hopefully.

Mine only crashed when I looked at the map and it progressively started happening at random during normal game play and more frequently as I went on.

Yeah, exactly the same here. I've tried pretty much every "solution" suggested in this thread, yet i am still crashing (even more frequently now - it usually crashes within first 10mins). I could play up to level 15 or so without single crash. This specific issue i am having (and some others), is not an overheating issue, or anything hardware related. Its either drivers or the game. I've tested every component in my computer for stability, readjusted my overclock, there is no way my system cannot handle Skyrim. I've even tried stress testing my cpu/gpu/memory, all at the same time - it wouldnt crash.

Arghh this is frustrating.

I know your pain. I am bloody OBSESSED with this game, I fell in love with it first hours it didn't crash. COME ON, SOMEONE, SOLVE THIS PROBLEM, PLEASE!!!

i have also the same problem and no solution the only way to play the game is underclock my card but so i can play for two hours before a crash...can anyone test with a program for temperatures in gpu like furmark?? i test the game and i have at most 50 c but the gpu load is at 99% in sometimes is it normal in skyrim or something causes it and then i get the full system crash?? i also check gta iv ang the gpu load was 65 % can anyone answer????

Congratz!

Hopefully AMD/ATI will have a fix too. So far 11.11b preview drivers don't help.

There's hope! In the list of 11.11b driver changes they said that 5000series crossfire will be supported SOON IN AN UPDATED DRIVER. So maybe we'll get 11.11c update soon

i have also the same problem and no solution the only way to play the game is underclock my card but so i can play for two hours before a crash...can anyone test with a program for temperatures in gpu like furmark?? i test the game and i have at most 50 c but the gpu load is at 99% in sometimes is it normal in skyrim or something causes it and then i get the full system crash?? i also check gta iv ang the gpu load was 65 % can anyone answer????

for games with a lot of effects being rendered at once, it's perfectly normal to have 99% GPU load. for games without FPS locks (most people have a limit of 60 - 80 FPS), this can also send the GPU load up to 99%. depending on where i was in skyrim before i had these crashes, GPU load would be anywhere from 70% to 99%. it was always on the lower end inside buildings and caves.

After finally installing the new seasonic 750w PSU..

Skyrim still crashes randomly, needing a hard reset to restore functionality to the computer,

Which seems to mean it's a ATI driver or a bethesda software issue and some nvidia users have the same issue so that only leaves one to particularly blame.

I assume this will all just go ignored as always.