Skyrim complete PC crashes

Zolexus

Just wondering, has anyone downloaded the new Nvidia drivers? version 290.53 beta?

has these helped anyone at all? they where designed specifically to improve Skyrim's performance they say....any word?

find the drivers here: http://www.geforce.com/News/articles/nvidia-geforce-290-53-beta-drivers-released

i tried em, they didnt work. So far no fix has worked.

sadness. oh well.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

little update

after playing for a while crash free on the gigabyte gt 520 i ordered a gigabyte gtx560 ti

fitted it on a fresh install with latest drvs and guess what..

back to the black screen and no signal crash,no play time,just a quick flash of the game and blank with a system fan speed increase for some wierd reason.

update mk2..

now every game installed is doing the same thing,wtf is this game doing to my files/system ?

Very interesting. Since you just fresh installed it shouldn't be much trouble to do it again. After that don't install Skyrim and see how your other games run. It is possible you got a bad card, but that's how you can tell if it's Skyrim or not. Quite messed up if it is. Also, what kind of PSU are you using?

Ok,fresh install mk3,no skyrim....

ACR - flawless

Rage - working

Now this bit is nuts,as i swore it was the last time i would install it...

Skyrim + TESVAL-1.3.10.0-2011-12-22-skseplugin - working

only different thing i did was NOT to start the game until the TESVAL-1.3.10.0-2011-12-22-skseplugin was installed with all patchs done incrementaly

WITHOUT starting the game.

so i guess not allowing the stock exes to run and bollox it up worked,with a new nvidia card.

then>

removed nvidia...installed hd 6870...black screen crash on skyrim,followed by 3 minutes of ACR,then all games again black screen "no signal"

merry xmas bethesda...and a very unemployed new year to you all ;)

quick ps,to any other sufferers..

even if you do,and i stress EVEN if you do get it working,you then have to contend with the god awful results of not play testing the game,theres more bugs than on a tramps rancid scrotum,less annoying than the dread black reboot,but still an accumulative stress effect is surely taking years off your life.

if you have any true friends they would take the dvd and hide it for 3 months,so the modders "all hail most holy" will have fixed it all.

but we all know if someone said smearing flaming brandy butter on your arse and running down the road with arse aflame would fix the game...we would all be in casualty with a nurse rubbing anti burn cream onto our rumps.

Edited by AJ Rimmer Bsc.Ssc.

I dont see this being a hardware issue either. No other game will crash like this for me. (although I havnt had the crash in some time.) I play RAGE, Farcry 2, Battlefield 3, and Skyrim mostly....and Rage/battlefield get the card at higher temperatures...about 58-60C.....skyrim will creep between 47-52C for me....

When I was using an ATI Radeon HD 4600 card I hardly had any problems whatsoever. If I ever did crash it was to the desktop and it has probably happened about two times (when I updated the game to 1.2).

I then decided to get rid of my old graphics card and installed ATI RAdeon HD 6870 along with a new power supply (I think it's a 750W one). Trust my luck that I now get the complete crash where I have to reset the pc otherwise I'm stuck with a powered off monitor and looping music.

Great times...

This happens every time I play Skyrim. I've tested it out on The Sims 3 and no problems playing that game.

Edited by candyfloss

Just for testers: found the place on map, where that crash appears ALWAYS on short time: 30sec-2 min maximum.

Named "Bloated man's grotto", found north from Falkreath, south-west from Riverwood.

Just in front of little lake with chest in it. Screen of place that crash always, clickable:

http://s017.radikal.ru/i444/1112/df/bd95542a9290t.jpg

Maybe this will help someone...

Guys, that file from previous page, atiumdag.dll, really works!

I place it in gamefolder, load save in Bloated man's grotto, then walks here and there around 10 minutes and nothing happens!

Then delete that file, load save and black screen appear in 20 seconds.

Place file back, and another 10 minutes all works fine...

Thanks to FailsafeOps, 'cos i've lost all hope to play Skyrim, and he back it to me!

Videocard - ATI 6870.

Guys, that file from previous page, atiumdag.dll, really works!

I place it in gamefolder, load save in Bloated man's grotto, then walks here and there around 10 minutes and nothing happens!

Then delete that file, load save and black screen appear in 20 seconds.

Place file back, and another 10 minutes all works fine...

Thanks to FailsafeOps, 'cos i've lost all hope to play Skyrim, and he back it to me!

Videocard - ATI 6870.

Any file for Nvidia-users?