Skyrim complete PC crashes

Zolexus

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after applying patch 1.3 i got the same problem too so i thought bring the game back to 1.1 by re installing. wich was far more stable for my system.

I could play the game fine with 1.1 5-6 hours until it just CTD had to restart the game and could play for another 5 hours or so. (wich for me was an amazing improvement since fallout 3 and new vegas , wich crashed every 10-20 min)

I never should have installed 1.3 now i got the same problems as everyone here has described .

so my conclusion would be that considering this topic has so many of you having the same problem that this is not a hardware related but purely bad programming on bethesda's part.

After so many stressfull evenings i decided that i deleted this game permenantly.

from now on no more Bethesda games for me.

Funny thing is when i purchased this game a little voice in my head said : are you sure ?? this is a bethesda game after all. Guess i should have listen and i will from now on

(sorry but i just had to blow off some steam Its very frustrating to see that other games even the crappy ones play smootles on my system but the one i really want to play is not )

after applying patch 1.3 i got the same problem too so i thought bring the game back to 1.1 by re installing. wich was far more stable for my system.

I could play the game fine with 1.1 5-6 hours until it just CTD had to restart the game and could play for another 5 hours or so. (wich for me was an amazing improvement since fallout 3 and new vegas , wich crashed every 10-20 min)

I never should have installed 1.3 now i got the same problems as everyone here has described .

so my conclusion would be that considering this topic has so many of you having the same problem that this is not a hardware related but purely bad programming on bethesda's part.

After so many stressfull evenings i decided that i deleted this game permenantly.

from now on no more Bethesda games for me.

Funny thing is when i purchased this game a little voice in my head said : are you sure ?? this is a bethesda game after all. Guess i should have listen and i will from now on

(sorry but i just had to blow off some steam Its very frustrating to see that other games even the crappy ones play smootles on my system but the one i really want to play is not )

Playing with other games.

...maybe in some years it works.

maybe 12-12-2012

Edited by TaygaGirl

Well I tried the atiumdag.dll solution posted earlier in this thread. So far it actually seems like it may have worked. Currently on hour 7 without a crash which is a new record for me, although the crashes are so random it'll be impossible to tell for sure until a few days have gone by without one. I'll keep this post updated and let people know if it crashes again.

Update: 12 straight hours of gameplay - no crashes yet. I'll keep updating.

Update 3: 28 hours since I changed in the atiumdag.dll file and not one black screen. I have no graphical issues (blocky fire etc) and as far as I can tell the game is now perfect. Again, these crashes are so random it's hard to tell if it actually worked or if I'm just getting lucky - but 28 hours is pretty impressive. I think it may have solved it for me.

I have barely gotten from the initial opening scenes. I am level 2. And only play at 10-15 minute increments, before my computer shuts down. It is frustrating. Has anyone heard of an NVidia fixes or if there is a way to get a refund. Bethsoft hasn't replied to my contacting them, which I did 3 days ago. Oh well! Someday I may actually play.

The problem may lie with the shared filed in the Windows OS. When a game installs to your PC, it overwrites part of your shared files, so it can play. Well, Skyrim might have done that to some of us, and might of effed up. So, when Windows sends that signal to your graphics card to be like "Hey, you working?", when playing a game, the overwritten file won't allow the graphics card to reply back, so Windows throws it into a powersave mode, causing your computer to crash since it's still trying to play the game.

Just conjecture.

I have barely gotten from the initial opening scenes. I am level 2. And only play at 10-15 minute increments, before my computer shuts down. It is frustrating. Has anyone heard of an NVidia fixes or if there is a way to get a refund. Bethsoft hasn't replied to my contacting them, which I did 3 days ago. Oh well! Someday I may actually play.

http://www.gamefront.com/nvidia-releases-its-skyrim-tweak-guide/

I don't know if it works though since I'm an ATI user.

Got linked here from the official RIFT forum. This is my first post, hello guys :D

Anyways, RIFT has been having this issue since April...beta, launch, retail, and now tons of patches in...and they still haven't fixed it.

We have our own hundred page thread over there too! Check it out: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-general-discussions/tech-support/158752-trion-blackscreen-freeze-issue-fix-give-us-answer-please.html

Maybe Bethesda and Trion should pull their collective heads out of their collective a**es and pull together for a fix...since they both seem to be suffering the same issue.

What do you guys think about that?