Skyrim complete PC crashes

Zolexus

thanks for the link btw, but just to make sure. When I'm underclocking my GPU, is there a ratio i have to keep the shader/memory/core clocks at with each other?

Core clock max :1350Mhz (on 675Mhz)

Shader clock max: 2916Mhz (on 1458Mhz)

Memory clock max : 1320Mhz (on 900Mhz)

Im not too sure how much to under/overclock what

In MIS Afterburner, core clock and shader clock are "linked" to each other by default (but can be turned off manually, which I did not do but just to mention)

What I did (and it worked for me) - is undeeclocked by about 10-12% the core clock. It automatically brought down shader clock by same percent of course.

Didn't touch memory clock at all.

Try googling tips for underclocking your specific card - what I did I found on the web the tips, might be some otherway around for yours.

Hope this helps!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No posted solution worked for me (when I scroll through the inventory, I can't get past the elven arrows cuz my game gets BSOD).

I don't understand why Bethesda hasn't already released the Developement Kit?

If they had released it, maybe some modders would have already fixed this f***ing issue?! f***!

No posted solution worked for me (when I scroll through the inventory, I can't get past the elven arrows cuz my game gets BSOD).

I don't understand why Bethesda hasn't already released the Developement Kit?

If they had released it, maybe some modders would have already fixed this f***ing issue?! f***!

I'm tired of wasting hours of my time to get a game to work. I'm sure they have sold millions of copies by now and have had a few company parties. I'm not partying, I'm the one holding the rotten apple that really stinks. They have a big amount of the $60 I paid for the game. From this forum and many others I have checked, there appears to be at least a thousand people having the same issue. Heck, there is even an example of it on YouTube.

With good intentions, people are all coming up with solutions that frankly may or may not work and it is just a workaround. I have to change everything back when I go to other games. What, am I lazy or expecting too much for a game company like Bethesda in 2011 to know what the hell they are doing and have actually TESTED their product before the masses test it FOR them?? Are we their User Acceptance Test environment...sure call it BETA and give it to us for free and that will be acceptable. But don't take money from people and not have a working product.

Should I tell you the non-P.C. version now??

Edited by ibrad

thanks for the link btw, but just to make sure. When I'm underclocking my GPU, is there a ratio i have to keep the shader/memory/core clocks at with each other?

Core clock max :1350Mhz (on 675Mhz)

Shader clock max: 2916Mhz (on 1458Mhz)

Memory clock max : 1320Mhz (on 900Mhz)

Im not too sure how much to under/overclock what

In MIS Afterburner, core clock and shader clock are "linked" to each other by default (but can be turned off manually, which I did not do but just to mention)

What I did (and it worked for me) - is undeeclocked by about 10-12% the core clock. It automatically brought down shader clock by same percent of course.

Didn't touch memory clock at all.

Try googling tips for underclocking your specific card - what I did I found on the web the tips, might be some otherway around for yours.

Hope this helps!

sweet thanks bro

Ok, guys. So i decided to Overclock my GPU and so having done that, the game has NOT crashed. BUT! What happens instead is, the same color disfiguration or whatever happens but then it reverts back to normal. When it reverts, the game plays at a snail pace for some reason. Terrible framerate that needs a reopening of the game. There is no hard crash but the problem is FAR from fixed. and kbaudis, patch 3 did not do anything to help our problem.

Hi, everyone. Sorry for my English, it’s not my native language.

1) Problem is in the game crashing video driver. Most probable by overusing vRAM. Crashes occurs more frequently on word map then in interiors. And more frequently in parts of map with large number of trees/grass/water then in mountains.

2) Temporary workaround. NOT FIX! Just a way to move out of “problem area” or finish a quest. Open console, then tipe (without brackets) [TT] [TG][TS] to disable trees, grass and sky. Of course it make game look ugly. And NOT prevent black screen completely. But it will allow you to play much longer before crash. After that just repeat this again to enable them back.

NOTE: game MAY crash even with disabled grass/trees/sky. If you reload from saved game after that, GRASS and TREES will be ON by default, but SKY may be off. Just use console command [TS].

NOTE#2: using console commands DO NOT disable achievements. At least with these particular commands.

Hey guys,

I seem to have found a fix for my crashes: I use MSI Afterburner to control the fan speed of my Sapphire HD 6950 1GB. I DON'T use it to OC, just for fan control. Disabling MSI Afterburner fixes the crashes. No idea why.

(I also deleted and re-installed my graphics drivers [now 12.10], but I don't think that did it. Running Skyrim 1.1).

NO, it wasn't a heat issue - my GPU never got particularly hot playing Skyrim. Also, my crashes were almost always reproducable, e.g. triggered by drawing weapons in a certain area or crossing a certain area - when I avoided the trigger, e.g. by not acticating combat mode / leaving the "crash area", I was able to continue playing, sometimes for hours. To me, that says it definitely wasn't a heat issue. Setting everything to low, disabling AA and similar also didn't affect my crashes at all, which also suggests overheating was not the problem. Still, not a very satisfactory solution, since my usually silent rig now makes quite a bit of noise...

Anyway, my crashes seem to be fixed, though I've no idea why :-P

Edited by kbaudis