Skyrim complete PC crashes

Zolexus

I downloaded version 6305 from realtek's website. http://www.realtek.com/downloads There are 3 choices the one that i used was AC'97 audio codecs and the only one that i saw for win7 was the version 6305. I have been playing for three days without a single black screen. Before it was between 1 minute and 3 hours on a lucky run. I doubt this will work for everyone but a few of us might get lucky.

Sorry, I meant what amd drivers are you using.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone,

Iam not sure if it is of any help but i had exact the same problems. PC crashed without bluescreen and restarted on its own. Tried several things and at the end i turned of Antialiasing and the Anisotroper Filter in the Skyrim options. Now it is working for nearly 7 hours. I hope that solved at least my problems.

I hope this helps anyone.

I downloaded version 6305 from realtek's website. http://www.realtek.com/downloads There are 3 choices the one that i used was AC'97 audio codecs and the only one that i saw for win7 was the version 6305. I have been playing for three days without a single black screen. Before it was between 1 minute and 3 hours on a lucky run. I doubt this will work for everyone but a few of us might get lucky.

Im using 11.11

Im using 11.11

Well, did not work for me.

Go Here for the file to download which is linked via the video's description above.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ICEDIU66

The Above link fixed my issues. Read the description for details. It's a simple .dll file dropped into the skyrim directory. This file evidently is suppose to be a fix for ATI/AMD cpu and video cards.

Every time I opened my map, my monitors would lose signal resulting in a hard reboot. After dropping the .dll file into the directory AND setting compatibility to windows 7, everything worked fine.

I've been looking for a solution to this problem for 2 weeks now....thank god this one worked.

Please respond with your results.

Failsafe

I've already tried this, and it was fine for almost 3 days... And then, bam, black screen of death again. Now I'm getting it in the other games also, and I'm pissed as hell!

Did you reinstall the video drivers after you started having the same issue with other games? I also use driver sweeper to clean out the clutter after I reinstall my drivers. If I was you, I would reinstall the game, update drivers or reinstall drivers and use driver sweeper.

This is definitely has to do with software as I can run 4 clients of eve online with pretty damn good FPS on 2 monitors.

Try, hopefully it works out for you.

btw, system specs as follows..

AMD 955 OC'ed to 3.8ghz

8gb of mushkin memory

M4A87T Asus MoBo

6950 Sapphire ATI 1gb Video card

Duel Monitor Setup

750Watt Thermaltake PSU

Game was purchased via steam.

[As this will be the third time today I've offered this advice I'm just going to paste my last reply from another thread and hope it helps some people here.]

Sudden purple textures (as well as sudden black screens) are often the result of running out of VRAM. Skyrim does a horrible job of memory management and fragments the heck out of our system RAM as well as our VRAM. The 4gb mod helps immensely by allowing the program to call additional memory but eventually even this extra memory gets fragmented too after playing for a few hours (I'm talking about 'memory leakage' here). Apparently this can lead to video driver corruption because it can often be fixed by doing a clean sweep of your drivers and then reinstalling them (or newer versions of them.)

I suggest you read through this - http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1174372 - and follow it to the letter. I know it's a very long series of posts but the education you receive from it will help you understand the how's and why's and should improve your rig's functionality in every game you play (or other programs you use for that matter.)

[This even sorted out the problems I was having in FONV!]

After updating to the latest Nvidia beta drivers, ensuring I have the latest Direct X version, and using the latest ENBseries dll posted on this link a few times....My black screen crashes have stopped. Didn't need to under clock my card, and am running the game on high settings.

I'll keep checking in here as of course I still have lingering worries about this issue. Good luck to everyone else.

I would like to thank everybody on their fast info, but I have to ask one thing - please test it a little if you think you got the solution. Or update as soon you got something. I was able to play for tree days before crash happened again, so it's quite amount of time but it did happened again...