Skyrim complete PC crashes

Zolexus

I'm going to test a cracked version of 1.2, just in case.

In order to make certain, I think we should post our crashes and details on things like reproducibility, and if so, how you reproduce them, exact description of the crashes, computer settings, driver versions, how often they occur, etc

My crash happens after about 2-4 hours of extended playtime. My computer makes a beeping sound while immediately shutting down and half a minute later restarting. The crash is not reproducible intentionally as far as I know, and happens to nother game I own. I use the 260 NVidia drivers. I have tried everything posted in this thread, minus CTD solutions and anything solution involving ATI cards, and have read it entirely, I think. I posted a solution before which only worked on some computers (Uninstall DX10 / 11, Install DX9), but for me this only extended playtime to 2-6 hours, max. No forced NVidia settings or ENB Series where placed. No mods have been placed either. I have run 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2, to no avail. I have tested these versions across Steam, DVD and Pirate installs, except 1.2 on the latter.

The only Long term solution I have managed to find is running the game under Wine in Ubuntu, but that's not a solution for most of you.

My system settings are:

Intel Core i5 2.70GHz Overclocked

Windows 7 Home Premium 64x / Ubuntu 11.10 32x

4GB RAM

1GB Nvidia Geforce 250GTS

1TB Hard Drive

I think we should record each crash and hardware report and relate them to each other and categorise them. This may help pin down the problem, since not every user is experiencing the problems, otherwise this game would not have been received so well.

I will copy each post regarding crashes and hardware and categorise them myself.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to test a cracked version of 1.2, just in case.

In order to make certain, I think we should post our crashes and details on things like reproducibility, and if so, how you reproduce them, exact description of the crashes, computer settings, driver versions, how often they occur, etc

My crash happens after about 2-4 hours of extended playtime. My computer makes a beeping sound while immediately shutting down and half a minute later restarting. The crash is not reproducible intentionally as far as I know, and happens to nother game I own. I use the 260 NVidia drivers. I have tried everything posted in this thread, minus CTD solutions and anything solution involving ATI cards, and have read it entirely, I think. I posted a solution before which only worked on some computers (Uninstall DX10 / 11, Install DX9), but for me this only extended playtime to 2-6 hours, max. No forced NVidia settings or ENB Series where placed. No mods have been placed either. I have run 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2, to no avail. I have tested these versions across Steam, DVD and Pirate installs, except 1.2 on the latter.

The only Long term solution I have managed to find is running the game under Wine in Ubuntu, but that's not a solution for most of you.

My system settings are:

4GB RAM

1TB Hard Drive

I think we should record each crash and hardware report and relate them to each other and categorise them. This may help pin down the problem, since not every user is experiencing the problems, otherwise this game would not have been received so well.

I will copy each post regarding crashes and hardware and categorise them myself.

i had considered testing my game with the new patch, as well. it seems that due to the volume of people reporting a broken game (patches are meant to fix issues, not add more), steam has recalled the patch and bethesda claim to be working on another one. sure is nice to know that they have a high quality testing department. i couldn't possibly imagine how these problems slip through their cheetos encrusted fingers.

i'm guessing it will be another 7 - 14 days before we get the next patch.

i had considered testing my game with the new patch, as well. it seems that due to the volume of people reporting a broken game (patches are meant to fix issues, not add more), steam has recalled the patch and bethesda claim to be working on another one. sure is nice to know that they have a high quality testing department. i couldn't possibly imagine how these problems slip through their cheetos encrusted fingers.

i'm guessing it will be another 7 - 14 days before we get the next patch.

I would still think that we should look for a solution ourselves, there is no guarantee that our problem will be fixed even on a v8.9.

I don't have any mods, Frostblade. I never load any mods on my first playthrough, or at least not until extremely long into it. I'm about 25 hours into skyrim (40 hours of play but how much of that did i lose due to crashes etc? a hell of a lot). That's not very far. Consider that I played 350 hours of morrowind on one playthrough, with only one of its dlc packs. It'll be awhile.

Mine crashes on average about 5 minutes into playing. Sometimes it's 30 seconds, sometimes it's a half-hour. I can't reproduce it. It just seems to happen at random.

My system settings are:

4GB RAM

1TB Hard Drive

Thanks for compiling those, here are my system specs:

Intel Core 2 Quad 2,4 GHz

Win 7 Pro x64

6GB RAM

2GB AMD Radeon 6970

AMD Drivers 11.9 and 11.11b – both with the same result.

I'm about 120 hours into the game and use a moderately modded version. I didn't get any crashes until a few hours ago and now it crashes (Full PC Power off) every time I use the map. Otherwise it is pretty stable.

Edited by DolAtoR

Ok for the people who are stuck at the main menu with no main menu showing up at all... I disabled the Val's armor meltdown mod... that mod effects the armor and weapon lists as well as the crafting scripts. The main menu comes up now and I am going to test and see if it loads up all the way in a minute. Taking resolution one step at a time for each other is going to help us all. If anyone has any other mods that effect armor weapons or the crafting scripts that are causing bugs list them with the crash report because some of those mods might have something to do with the crashes.

Ok hear this guys...after so many hard resets on my pc with ati hd 6770 that i bought a month ago especially for skyrim and this is the only f..... game i can't play due to full system crashes i change it with my previous gpu hd 4650 and guess what??? The game don't crash at all now WTF...I play it in medium settings and of course it is like i play it on xbox but it plays fine no crashes at all no hard reset nothing...I think it is the only solution now go buy a cheap card and i hope they fix the problem there is something with 5xxx and 6xxx ati cards