Graphics Modding

throttlekitty

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the instructions not being newbie friendly, but for brevity I'm assuming the reader has some proficiency in NifSkope.

I don't mind that. Effort stretches the mind. But I would like to know which tools work to extract the BSAs, so we can get some graphics mods started. I already gather from the discussions that the Fallout 3 NifSkope works (sort of) to view the NIFs?

Sorry for the instructions not being newbie friendly, but for brevity I'm assuming the reader has some proficiency in NifSkope.

I don't mind that. Effort stretches the mind.

That was left over from the failed skinned mesh workaround tutorial, whoops.

Just wanted to say that you're doing awesome work cracking these new changes to the files, throttlekitty.

Both myself and I'm sure a bunch of other folks really appreciate the effort.

Thanks!

oddly I can import over an Nitrishape in f3 versions and still get UV it looks like... but importing it into the actual root node no worky.

Oh, good find, I tried that with a Sky nif and it works fine. -importing over an existing TriShape that is.

In the ShapeData, it adds vertex colors if the model had them to begin with, but the data was the wrong size in my tests. Hitting 'refresh' or flipping them to off works. Also, BS Num UVS Sets needs to be set to 4097 in order to do the Update Tangent Space spell.

I'm probably going to look like a complete idiot, but I'm simply trying to get a model from this game to do a 3D print on, never touched a modeling program in my life. I got this far, but as soon as I import it into blender the model loses it's smooth edges. I'm either 1. Completely missing a button that fixes this or 2. You've already addressed this problem in this thread (which I've read all of and understood half of) and I cannot understand the terms you are using. Example pic below. :biggrin:

http://i43.tinypic.com/im2r7a.png