Playable Dragon race request

Aedred

I want this mod :) I agree with someone (i don't remember where it is on the post) who said that you could start as a baby dragon

another idea i found (and which is so cool) is that you are killed by alduin and after you live again but you don't remember who you are :)

(sorry for my bad english thisis not my first language I hope i am understandeable)

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's get controls, stability, shouts (currently have to messily add weird dragon-specific shouts manually via console), and camera down before we worry about plot-friendly implementation.

Yes, this is what I am trying to get people to focus on. What's the point of story without the ability to play it?

The camera isn't a problem now, as on another thread, someone showed how you can modify a creatures skeleton and move the camera in that process. I believe another person on that thread is going to upload the edited files for people to download and install with a simple drag-and-drop method.

Let's get controls, stability, shouts (currently have to messily add weird dragon-specific shouts manually via console), and camera down before we worry about plot-friendly implementation.

Yes, this is what I am trying to get people to focus on. What's the point of story without the ability to play it?

The camera isn't a problem now, as on another thread, someone showed how you can modify a creatures skeleton and move the camera in that process. I believe another person on that thread is going to upload the edited files for people to download and install with a simple drag-and-drop method.

this is slightly off topic but i have a thread dedicated to the console command aspect of playing as a dragon, if anyone has any info about it could you please post it on my thread, heres a link my thread

also i have a fair amount of programming experience so when the creation kit is released and i take a few days to learn how to use it id be happy to help out with this mod.

Yay, really cool info :happy:

Many thanks for condensing the console commands into a thread! Getting ready to finish classes so I'll have more time to play around with this stuff.

I want this mod :) I agree with someone (i don't remember where it is on the post) who said that you could start as a baby dragon

This was my initial idea for lore and things that could be added later on down the road after the basic adult dragon mechanics were implemented.

Basically starting as a baby dragon, eventually growing into a massive Ancient Dragon over time.

Edited by Aedred

this is slightly off topic but i have a thread dedicated to the console command aspect of playing as a dragon, if anyone has any info about it could you please post it on my thread, heres a link my thread

also i have a fair amount of programming experience so when the creation kit is released and i take a few days to learn how to use it id be happy to help out with this mod.

Yay, really cool info :happy:

Many thanks for condensing the console commands into a thread! Getting ready to finish classes so I'll have more time to play around with this stuff.

This was my initial idea for lore and things that could be added later on down the road after the basic adult dragon mechanics were implemented.

Basically starting as a baby dragon, eventually growing into a massive Ancient Dragon over time.

That is A very good ideah yeah and allso have to learn how to Transform to the anthro form

Well, Ive been reading this. I like the idea of human/dragon race. Itd be more interesting. Like a lore of a dragon and a human female falling in love, but the townspeople found out and cast her n the baby out and killed the father or the father is bad. this is just a jist of it. There could be a lot of things.

Maybe here could be some plausible things.

Dragonrage - transforms you into a humanoid dragon, which i think you could mess around with werewolf and edit to to like a dragon humanoid, with wings that more let you glide and jump higher. and somehow let you breathe fire, frost and storm.

Dragonskin - which i think should be a leveled ability. this should give you more defense. cause of your hard exterior dragonskin.

Please note this is a rough draft of something i would like to see. I dont know if this comes close to what the Poster of this request was asking.

this also would be a better way to explain a dragonborn, you can speak the tongue of the dragons, breathe the breath of the dragons. but why? was it really explained in the game? All I got was some Alduins father taught the humans how to use shouts or sometihng. it wasnt very clear.

Personally if bethesda use this way, you could probably either help the dragons and destroy mankind or help the humans. It be more interesting that way. I always commended bethesda of being able to choose sides, play a evil or good character, in their games. But that prolly be a WHOLE revamp of the game haha.

!WARNING! Wall of text !WARNING!

Ok so here is my idea of this mod.

Begining: You click "New game", and you have two ways to start. As dragon or in normal way, and here we skip main storyline problem.

If you choose to be a dragon: Blackscreen. You hear sounds of battle near by, dragon shouts, human screams, some spells casts etc. Then you hear rumble of rocks. *Few sec later* You hear movment. Someone or something moving rocks away. Then you hear human voice "What's that? An egg? Very wierd egg I should take it to others". *Loading screen*. Human voices:

"Whats that?"

"I found egg"

"Let me see it! Oh my... Its an dragon egg!"

"Are you sure?!"

"Yes, lets take it to Mr. P" (as I will call dragon on Thoart of World couse his name is quite freaky).

Human and dragon voices:

"What brings you here?"

"One of us found dragon egg in lands"

"Let me see it. Ah, this Dovah should born long ago"

*Wierd sounds* Black screen fade away. You are on top of ToW, you see Mr.P and Greybeards, and you sit on egg scraps as a small dragon. Mr. P welcomes you on this world blah blah blah.

Ok so: You are found by one of Greybeards (Someone gave [sorry that i dont know who exacly] that idea and I think its realy good) . He take your egg, and my idea is that dragons cant born on thier own, but they need an support of other dragon. Normaly it would be mother but here Mr.P. So, you are a small "fresh-born" dragon, and here we go with tutorial. Mr. P give you easy quest as young dragon. Still you cant speak or shout as you are very young and you dont know any dragon words, but Mr. P will learn you some.

And now lets get deeper with whole thing.

Dragon creation: As you get away from egg, you get dragon creation screen. You change colors, add spikes, modify look etc. As same as in normal way.

Ageing: Yea its a tricky thing. But it can be done with levels. As you are born your lvl is 1. And you are small. As you gain lvls you grow up in size up to full scale dragon.

Skills: Another tricky thing. As all skills must be created from scrach. Like:

Words tree (or shouts tree): You unlock new words from it (Mr. P wont learn you word like its now in game but he will unlock perk in your tree during tutorial). So all basic words that we know and of course one that give us power to change into human form (first word we will get from Mr. P to get a bit easier start).

Human form word: When player unlock it the creation screen pops up and he create "basic race". When player use word he turn into common race that wear magic robes, and still human form can use all shouts, magic etc that dragon form can.

Spells trees: Well we wont learn how to control magic in better way, but we will learn how to cast new spells (C'mon we are dragons we are powerful and deadly, we dont need to learn how to control magic). Obvious spells must scale with lvl, to be usefull later.

Fly tree: Well everything that make us better when we use our wings to fly. To fly faster, to turn in short way etc.

Strenght tree: Everything that give us ability to lift things and deal dmg. Begining from humans ending at giants/mamooths.

Attack tree: Here we will unlock "attacks". Like: Bite (unlocked at begin), front arm swing (unlocked at begin), wings wave (powerfull wave with wings that deal dmg from fast movement of air, something like "Power" word), tail swing etc.

Well and here I must to stop as run out of ideas :D Fell free to say "What a **** idea" :P

We would need a transformation shout that we could use to change into a humanoid form when going into towns and dungeons, basically, we start out as a normal race, and after the initial tutorial we get a shout that will allow us to take our true form whenever we want, we can then take our mortal form back when we need to do something involving the masses. I think that would be the best way of implementing this for existing characters as well as those who don't want to be a dragon 24/7, despite the fact that it would be BA, we wouldn't be able to do much but fly and breathe fire in open areas, we wouldn't be able to enter dungeons or towns, etc.

Yeah a spell or shout that lets you transform into a dragon sounds very awesome it would be like Dragon Age Origins :) Play as Flemeth !