Playable Dragon race request

Aedred

Wow very cool! Thank you so much for the wiki :turned:

Gonna spend my week reading up on this language.

Heh, I thought everyone knew about that by now.

Now, in terms of flying.. that's where I'm genuinely curious as to how this works. I can't tell if the way a dragon flies around is a pre-scripted animation, or simply a unique form of movement ala swimming/riding on horseback. The reason I say this is because of the way a dragon can glide and swerve in a very natural-looking manner. The question therein is: Are they scripted to manouver like that, meaning that if you slowly turn your mouse button during flight you will also swerve like that, or is this just a unique animation?

I noticed that Dragons are not kill-able when in the air. Using the "Kill" command works to no avail. Either they are made essential while flying (They may have tested air deaths and found they glitch out) or they become some type of object that steps in for them and moves around making their animations to give the effect it's the Dragon flying. Let us hope it's not the latter, or we would have to script the playable flying ourselves. If you try to find what race they are with a command while they are flying, it comes up with an error, like if you try to get the race of an inanimate object.

From my knowledge of the G.E.C.K. I imagine that the Creation Kit should be very easy to implement scripts to the controls that activate the different attacks a Dragon can do. With luck, we will find a script that activates flight in the Dragon codes as well. I also believe I witnessed a Dragon using a type of wing-slam attack at one point, could have been just the wings slamming at the same time as the tail though. But something to note nonetheless.

I do hope it's not the latter as well. As for the wing slam, it exists. It happens when your attacking the dragon on the side when your by the wings, much like how the dragon bites at you when your in front of it or uses the tail slam when your attack it from behind. I encountered it a lot during a certain battle.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, then the wing slams cover the left/right Power Attacks at the very least. As for the flying bit.. yeah, I'm with the both of you in hoping that it's not the latter. At the same time, though, it couldn't be an inanimate object at least since it DOES at the very least have a health bar, and dragons, while in flight, do actually traverse the world - and run away from battle on occasion as well. I've seen plenty of occasions where a dragon has fled when it's losing the struggle.

Well, then the wing slams cover the left/right Power Attacks at the very least. As for the flying bit.. yeah, I'm with the both of you in hoping that it's not the latter. At the same time, though, it couldn't be an inanimate object at least since it DOES at the very least have a health bar, and dragons, while in flight, do actually traverse the world - and run away from battle on occasion as well. I've seen plenty of occasions where a dragon has fled when it's losing the struggle.

Hm, well I think the whole can't kill in flight thing is possibly there just to prevent glitches, like say a dragon falling on top of a house and such. Imagine the pain trying to get to that...

Let alone the notion that if a dragon fell on a house, they'd have to replace the house with a demolished one, and then there's the concept that doing so will potentially destroy a key location..

..although that in itself doesn't really upset me. Think of the kinda immersion mods you could do if dragons could destroy houses - like burning down ones that aren't made or stone - and then you gotta fund the town's restoration in order to get those houses back.

Um What happened to the Orginal ideah people about playable darastrix ?

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/193/5/4/Water_Dragon_God_by_ElderNargacuga.jpg

svabol shinalt ekess wer darastrix ulhyrr

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/221/5/2/the_dragon_god_of_darkness_by_blackfenriss-d45yre4.jpg

Well i found the orgianal Dragon Language

http://api.ning.com/files/bxUykvydlOrOlVv5l8b2IjrzfxIWd-ojQqZW641NOwO-ZbS8tz4Dt9uipYOyqd4HmpKmxCYnGxIX02pU21Fid*qIEuUThzc7/SarenArterius.jpg

darastrixi geou kult wer zaneunisal di skyrim

Oookay. Anyways, there is a Modders Resource topic, which I myself applied for. Perhaps we can find someone there to help out with this project?

Where exactly is this Modders Resource topic?

Hah, I was thinking about that earlier today. I was contemplating the notion of stuff like 'if you were a Vampire, would you get a Vampiric Dragon? What about werewolves? Would you end up as a tooth-and-claw'ified dragon with fuzz?'

That's a tiny bit (*Ahem* I mean MASSIVE bit *Ahem*) too much for now, since we haven't even gotten a playable Dragon fully working yet. Remember, baby steps. For now at least.

svabol shinalt ekess wer darastrix ulhyrr

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/221/5/2/the_dragon_god_of_darkness_by_blackfenriss-d45yre4.jpg

Wow, that looks really cool =o

It'd be awesome to see a new dragon like that added later on.