Playable Dragon race request

Aedred

I dont know if any of you guys know this but...today I saw a skeletel dragon! :D! how awesome is that? I didnt think they were in the game...awesome. so ya....making a skeletel dragon subgroup for dragon race just got alitte easyer :D!

Cool. It's got all the advantages of being undead (stay up late, live a long time if you avoid those goody-goody priests, and save money on food and clothes) plus the extra fighting power of dragonkind.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that's some really awesome info.

Ah! The Skyrim Console Commands have been updated in the Skyrim wiki, I think I see what you used

Not sure about finding the Race IDs though

help race 0

then i pressed pageup until I found the races.

The camera is a bit of a problem for now. Using setscale the camera misbehaves less, but it makes the collision somehow break.

Youtube video 1

Videos showcasing the troubles.

Forcing my character to jump had something to do with animgroups, but I forget.

Edited by Ultimatepurge

help race 0

The camera is a bit of a problem for now. Using setscale the camera misbehaves less, but it makes the collision somehow break.

Youtube video 1

Kudos and many thanks for the info. :happy:

That's some really cool stuff :blink:

Edited by Aedred

The concepts that I had behind Dragons and transforming comes from Magicka/Magic, not necessarily a shout.

Older Dragons in many different lore have been shown to be very powerful in the magic arts, so transforming into a human or other race should be no problem when this is taken into consideration. Alduin managed to raise a whole lot of Dragons from the dead so there's an almost unlimited number of possibilities that a Dragon would have, advantage-wise, over the other races that are playable. :happy:

How a Dragon might understand "earning" their power and a lesser race "earning" a dragon's power seems like a vast, almost infinite, difference and I'd just like to have fun with the concept of being a true-born dragon.

Again, sure a spell could be added to have the player transform into a dragon, but that's not entirely the point of the request.

The thing is, though.. in the Elder Scrolls' lore those magic arts ARE the Shouts. They're just called 'Shouts' as per a game device. As the lore itself establishes it, the very language of the dragons is power incarnate. Alduin isn't reviving the other dragons through the use of Magicka/Magic. He's reviving them using the language of the dragons, tne Power of their Words, effectively. Hell, your own Shouts range from becoming ethereal, encasing people in ice, sapping their life, enchanting weaponry, changing the weather, causing fire and lightning to rain from the sky and more - things that might be considered as Magicka/Magic when used by a regular mortal, but as draconic Words of Power, merely speaking them is what makes them so powerful.

So again, instead of making up some nonsensical 'magic spell' or the likes, why not stick to the lore which establishes that the Words of Power of the dragon tongue are capable of those infinite possibilities you were speaking of. Hell, again, the game itself specifically states that dragons gain power through combatting other dragons, absorbing their essence in victory - and that dragon-on-dragon battles are both physical conflicts and verbal debates, both at the same time, due to the fact that these all-powerful words are simply how they communicate. Further still, it's established that the Dragonborn doesn't so much 'have dragon blood' in them, as they have a dragon's soul - which is why the Dragonborn is able to contend with other dragons in their own arena of 'debate/battle'.

The thing is, though.. in the Elder Scrolls' lore those magic arts ARE the Shouts. They're just called 'Shouts' as per a game device. As the lore itself establishes it, the very language of the dragons is power incarnate. Alduin isn't reviving the other dragons through the use of Magicka/Magic. He's reviving them using the language of the dragons, tne Power of their Words, effectively. Hell, your own Shouts range from becoming ethereal, encasing people in ice, sapping their life, enchanting weaponry, changing the weather, causing fire and lightning to rain from the sky and more - things that might be considered as Magicka/Magic when used by a regular mortal, but as draconic Words of Power, merely speaking them is what makes them so powerful.

So again, instead of making up some nonsensical 'magic spell' or the likes, why not stick to the lore which establishes that the Words of Power of the dragon tongue are capable of those infinite possibilities you were speaking of. Hell, again, the game itself specifically states that dragons gain power through combatting other dragons, absorbing their essence in victory - and that dragon-on-dragon battles are both physical conflicts and verbal debates, both at the same time, due to the fact that these all-powerful words are simply how they communicate. Further still, it's established that the Dragonborn doesn't so much 'have dragon blood' in them, as they have a dragon's soul - which is why the Dragonborn is able to contend with other dragons in their own arena of 'debate/battle'.

That's really cool =o, I'm all for this reasoning behind the Shouts. I wasn't aware how deep-seated the words of power were and just used Magicka/Magic as general reference to the lore of dragons in general. Magicka/Magic has always played an integral part and that, in some way, is a part of what Tamriel consists of. Either way It makes me wonder though, why the Dragonborn was so limited in power and abilities.

It took 4 heroes' combined might to bring down Alduin. I figure if that Dragon Soul that you mentioned were placed into the body of a true-born dragon, things would have progressed much differently.

Edited by Aedred

help race 0

Youtube video 1

Wow, that is very interesting indeed. I suppose making compatible animations for the player won't be such a long and tiring process after all. All we have to worry about is editing the camera distance, making keys that activate the different attacks and of course one that puts the player into the "Flying dragon" mode. I guess Bethesda was thinking more about the modding community than I thought.

As Aedred said, thank you for this info. Now all we must wait for is the Creation Kit and we'll be on a roll. I'm guessing you're on board with us to make this mod a reality? If so, perhaps you could add my support banner to your sig so you can also help spread the word of this mod?

Anyway, thanks again. :thumbsup:

I actually just realized how much of a pain it would be to include shouts for new words of power. I think I somehow subconsciously simplified it by using magicka instead of words of power. Shape shifting has been used by other characters in the game, through magicka, as someone mentioned a while back, so why not have dragons be able to easily master such magicka and transform themselves into one of the other races? :tongue:

I do hope some experienced modders can add new shouts to this game that match the vocals of the current ones, that would be awesome :happy:

Edited by Aedred

That's really cool =o, I'm all for this reasoning behind the Shouts. I wasn't aware how deep-seated the words of power were and just used Magicka/Magic as general reference to the lore of dragons in general. Magicka/Magic has always played an integral part and that, in some way, is a part of what Tamriel consists of. Either way It makes me wonder though, why the Dragonborn was so limited in power and abilities.

It took 4 heroes' combined might to bring down Alduin. I figure if that Dragon Soul that you mentioned were placed into the body of a true-born dragon, things would have progressed much differently.

Well, a dragon is born a dragon, with its draconic soul, and knows the draconic tongue pretty much from birth as I understand it. The Dragonborn is a non-dragon, blessed with a dragon's actual soul - but must learn the words on their own. They have a natural disposition to it, however, as the Greybeards note during the plot, it takes you seconds to learn Words that took them decades if not longer to achieve. Merely seeing the words on a wall is enough for a Dragonborn to learn them - whereas other dragons know them from birth. That, in essence, is the reason for why the Dragonborn is so limited in abilities and power.

Alduin even mocks you for this early in the plot when you first witness him reviving a dragon, as he's speaking to the grave in order to call that dragon back to life, before turning his attention to you and mocks you because you 'don't even understand our tongue'. To the dragons, the Dragonborn is probably a pitiable abomination; their noble and eternal soul, bound to a bumbling infantile creature who doesn't even know his own native language.

This is further evidenced by the fact that even when you learn the Word, you still do not truly understand it, or have the wisdom and knowledge, and the power, to wield it properly; again, something other dragons are born with innately, forcing you to slay a dragon and steal his soul in order to gain that knowledge and power. But even then, other dragons fight each other during their 'debates', and the victor from there takes the power and the knowledge of the other dragon that fell during the conflict, exactly the same way that you do. Effectively, the 'way of the dragon' is that of claiming the power of your foe as per your due rights as victor in your 'debate', and thus gaining that dragon's wisdom and understanding of how to invoke the power of your native tongue.

Well, a dragon is born a dragon, with its draconic soul, and knows the draconic tongue pretty much from birth as I understand it. The Dragonborn is a non-dragon, blessed with a dragon's actual soul - but must learn the words on their own. They have a natural disposition to it, however, as the Greybeards note during the plot, it takes you seconds to learn Words that took them decades if not longer to achieve. Merely seeing the words on a wall is enough for a Dragonborn to learn them - whereas other dragons know them from birth. That, in essence, is the reason for why the Dragonborn is so limited in abilities and power.

Alduin even mocks you for this early in the plot when you first witness him reviving a dragon, as he's speaking to the grave in order to call that dragon back to life, before turning his attention to you and mocks you because you 'don't even understand our tongue'. To the dragons, the Dragonborn is probably a pitiable abomination; their noble and eternal soul, bound to a bumbling infantile creature who doesn't even know his own native language.

This is further evidenced by the fact that even when you learn the Word, you still do not truly understand it, or have the wisdom and knowledge, and the power, to wield it properly; again, something other dragons are born with innately, forcing you to slay a dragon and steal his soul in order to gain that knowledge and power. But even then, other dragons fight each other during their 'debates', and the victor from there takes the power and the knowledge of the other dragon that fell during the conflict, exactly the same way that you do. Effectively, the 'way of the dragon' is that of claiming the power of your foe as per your due rights as victor in your 'debate', and thus gaining that dragon's wisdom and understanding of how to invoke the power of your native tongue.

Wow, yet another awesome read, thank you. :happy: That's truly an awesome explanation. I'm piecing together my experiences with this info and it's giving me more insight into all that happened. Everything was happening really fast :blink:.

Gives the Dragon race that much more meaning to me. :turned:

so I checked out the command to change your race....and it works! :D! so I want on a rampage, killing skeviers and wolves...and while I was doing so, I found something intresting! I was playing around with the shouts....and they worked! perfectly! the mouth and everything opens. so that was for fire breath, but when I changed to "icefrom" and used it ...he said the worlds :D!!!! I was freaking out when I heard it! :wub: dragons <3