Maxing Out Graphics

wormywyrm

I just loaded up Skyrim onto my computer and I am getting lag spikes every 1-4 seconds, and my settings are almost at minimum.

Intel Core2 Duo E8500 64-bit @ 3.17ghz

4.00 GB RAM

Radeon HD 5700 (1GB)

Part of me wants to blame the game, and I think there might be some issue going on since I obviously meet the recommended specs, but lets face it, my computers over a year old now and it might be time for an upgrade. If I am going to upgrade I am going to do it right: I want to put the settings on max or near max and still get a good FPS. Have any of you done this, and what is your rig (and if you don't mind, how much would it normally cost/how much did you pay for it?)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should be running it well above minimum. :/

You can try some ini tweaking. Some have said vsync is causing a lag for them. It's best to look about for some performance tweaking guides.

as for an upgrade... depends on what you recycle. if you keep your case, monitor, HDD and all that, just get a mobo, gpu, cpu, and psu, you could be looking at 500$ USD for some very nice gear that should clear max settings. there are cheaper options even.

I can Max with a little bit of lag in certain situations, but on "high" It has NEVER missed a beat. Im very impressed with Bethesda. Not having many glitches (mostly just people walking through the odd thing) but i could care less. There has to be some other force at work here for you. Whats your CPU and memory usage when your not playing Skyrim? is everything updated?

Windows 7 64 bit

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2 GHz Black Edition (not overclocked yet)

GPU: AMD Radeon HD6870

Mobo: Asus M5A88-V EVO

Ram: 8GB (cant remember what it is)

HD: WDC 500GB 7200RPM

I am maxed out and then some, thanks to the ini editor. I am running:

i7 920 @3.6ghz

EVGA GTX 275 OC

6GB RAM

and I have an SSD, which is giving me instant loading times. I literally dont have time to read any of the words that come up on the black loading screens.

I just loaded up Skyrim onto my computer and I am getting lag spikes every 1-4 seconds, and my settings are almost at minimum.

Intel Core2 Duo E8500 64-bit @ 3.17ghz

4.00 GB RAM

Radeon HD 5700 (1GB)

Part of me wants to blame the game, and I think there might be some issue going on since I obviously meet the recommended specs, but lets face it, my computers over a year old now and it might be time for an upgrade. If I am going to upgrade I am going to do it right: I want to put the settings on max or near max and still get a good FPS. Have any of you done this, and what is your rig (and if you don't mind, how much would it normally cost/how much did you pay for it?)

hmmmm as a student IT network manager my first guess would be the ram if the game would be running slow because my PC has similar specs than you i can run on high and i can run on ultra but there is a bit of lagg.Check your CPU usage and your phyical memory and if the computer cpu usage is st like 20-30% average and your phyical memory is over 60% at startup you need to start clearing up some files.

i5 2500k @ 3.8

8GB RAM

HD 5970, Catalyst 10.5 as this driver is the most stable

i've found.

120 GB SSD

Everything maxed, and running so smoothly so impressed

except for the UI which seems overly complex compared

to Oblivion. They should have copied Divinity 2 UI :ninja: