where do I store my stuff ???

vorius

In Oblivion/Morrowind you could store your extra junk in guild houses and certain faction houses you join. But what about skyrim? Is the only safe place to store your loot in a house that you buy? The house is pretty damn expensive so I cant use that for a while... I have a lot of stuff Id like to hang on to.

I just joined the Companions and they gave me a bed, but unfortunately they made no mention of storing my gear there. Is it safe here?

If you're on the PC version you could cheat for now if you want. You'd have to enable the console though. You gotta edit Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Skyrim.ini

add:

bAllowConsole=1

Then you pull it up in-game with ` (tilde, next to 1). Then type:

player.modav carryweight # 

# being the number you want to increase your max weight limit by. For instance...

player.modav carryweight 2000

You can pick up your first house in Whiterun for 500g after doing some of the main quest (Not even that far into the quest, at that; 4 quests in maybe?)

If you can't afford 500g then something is wrong xD

So if I do a little more of the main quest the price of the house drops from 5,000 to 500 gp??

Nice discount....

I already did a few of the quests and got the title for my character in the town. I guess I need to travel to the grey beards for that bonus?

It's definitely 5000, I just bought it. And it's an absolute wreck inside until you decorate.

Does it take a lot of money to decorate it?

Not had at prices yet, I'll let you know when I know.

When you buy the house you get a book with it that details all the upgrades you can buy, it's essentially adding and renovating on a room-by-room basis. So you can buy the "Living Room" or "Kitchen" pack for example.