where do I store my stuff ???

vorius

I purchased the house in Whiterun and even went so far as to fully decorate it. However, the game says the bed in my house is owned and I cannot sleep in it. Is this a bug!?

Yeah that was confusing - that room is your servant's room. Your bedroom is in the greater part of the loft area. The bedroom decoration addon adds a wall for you for better privacy :)

Can't you just put things in any container, even on the floor (just away from NPCs that will pick it up or guards that will tell you off for dropping weapons)? Pretty sure that's all I did before, and even in other games like Baldur's Gate and Fallout. Edited by Tropxe

Can't you just put things in any container, even on the floor (just away from NPCs that will pick it up or guards that will tell you off for dropping weapons)? Pretty sure that's all I did before, and even in other games like Baldur's Gate and Fallout.

You certainly can but at a great risk, because many containers respawn themselves, sending anything already inside into the depths of oblivion from which you can never ever recover them even using a cheat. They are simply deleted.