Where are high res PC textures bethesda promised to release?

Omeletter

My game looks really nice and from what I´ve seen in videos I feel sorry for those who can´t enjoy skyrim for pc on ultra.My game textures are almost at the same level as qarls texture pack for oblivion.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously... I'm on ultra and my Fallout 3 looks like Crysis compared to Skyrim... I can't stand this stuff anymore, bethesda promised to release a high res PC texture pack. Maybe my Steam doesn't update Skyrim, or is it a separate download?

Seriously? You can`t be serious? :D The texture qualities in skyrim are diverse.. there are textures that are really horrible but in a really few types of places. In general on ultra settings the texture quality is very good.

@vertex23 Skyrim have shitty textures. That is all. Water look good, landscape are good (but not very good. Just Cause 2, Call of Juarez 2 have very good looking landscapes). Skyrim is just using too old engine and low res textures and it's full of bugs ("flashing" fog on the horizon, "flashing" sky, gates in High Hrothgar - if someone was there he know what i'm taling about). Edited by kubas300

My game looks really nice and from what I´ve seen in videos I feel sorry for those who can´t enjoy skyrim for pc on ultra.My game textures are almost at the same level as qarls texture pack for oblivion.

Soon...soon I shall be able to join the likes of you with the ultra settings. Getting a rig next week.

My game looks gorgeous. I"m only running an Intel dual core with 8 gig RAM and Radeon HD 6870. Not bad, but not high-end. And the game is gorgeous on Ultra...with no stutter! I did experience a little hesitation while panning, so turned two settings down to High and it is fine.

BTW, I think those trolls are too darn hard. I have to run away from them. Love the creatures bursting up out of coffins. Scares the bejesus out of me.

I agree. I've got the textures on High, and everything else on Medium, and everything looks amazing. Different people seem to be having problems with the graphics, and I'm not sure why.

Also, found any giants? Take them on. Just try. Also, those Draugr... Jesus...

I don't care about the textures and what not... I just want all the graphical glitches fixing... and it too look better at distance (rivers get straight edges, and turn in to blue traingles etc, on high!)

the game is very inconsistent with graphics. Some, like dragons, are jaw dropping - others like walls - which are everywhere, are awful. I mean really, why? to get it to fit on one DVD? Booooooooooooooooo. Don't get me wrong, I love the game and will put 300 hours into it, but why go half-effort?

The game looks awesome, I run it on Ultra on a 32" HDTV at 1920x1080p (That's 1080p HD). Seriously, get something better then a 20" CRT Monitor running at 800x600 and it looks better.

Also the shadows being blocky, is one of the graphical glitches that Bethesda could not fix in time, if you say it sucks on ultra then don't play it. Very simple. As to the Articles, Bethesda promised higher resolution textures and that's what we got.

Edit: Also there's no half effort about it captainchaos, Consoles are too old and to retool every texture to best possible (for PC) in a game this big isn't going to happen in a month before release and they only have 40 guys that work on TES games.

Edited by Roji8