Where are high res PC textures bethesda promised to release?

Omeletter

Snow doesn't have anything to make it look like snow, its just a plain white texture for me. Sure, remembering Crysis' snow, I didn't expect it to be near Crysis, but I didn't expect it to look like paint either.

I have not been far into the game yet . My gripes are minor and can be remedied. I do play on Ultra. No .ini tweaks yet.

So if there is a .ini fix for my gripes I apologize in advance for my ignorance.

Anwhoos. I agree the snow texture is horrrid. " Like someone used paint on it" , is a perfect description. Also I leave no tracks?

IMHO the tree foliage and grass is still Oblivionesque. Yes I like to look at trees in video games. Sue me. :rolleyes:

I also noticed something funny. There are leaves blowing around in the air at the starter town after escape. But there are no other trees that are not conifers. Shrubery perhaps?

Non graphic related. The combat should have been a major improvement.

I do feel more powerfull. But it still looks like I am swinging a sword at the air. And still feels a bit clunky. But I have only played for a couple hours so far.

I loved the Witcher 2 combat . Take notice Bethesda.

The Archery IS way better. KUDOS.

I like what I have seen so far gameplay wise . And it will only get better with the Modding community. I look forward to playing this game for the next 3 years.

After blowing $1600 on a new PC just for Skyrim. I had better get 3 years out of it. o_O

I thought maybe Skyrim was going to give Crysis a run for its money visual wise.

Sadly its not even close.

Just my two cents.

If you do not want my two cents. I will take them back. I need something to pay Charon when I die. :biggrin:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like them to fix the current texture rendering before they move onto higher res ones. I've put on clothes that were untextured white, and shiny as polished glass even though they were cloth. I've seen other people's screencaps that have elements of the scenery rendered in the same way. The other day I even had the whole world stop rendering certain surfaces, and what was and wasn't being rendered changed in real time as I moved and looked around (see image). It'd been fine for the first 30 hours or so of gameplay, and all drivers are up to date.

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/4449/2011111300002.th.jpg

I'd like them to fix the current texture rendering before they move onto higher res ones. I've put on clothes that were untextured white, and shiny as polished glass even though they were cloth. I've seen other people's screencaps that have elements of the scenery rendered in the same way. The other day I even had the whole world stop rendering certain surfaces, and what was and wasn't being rendered changed in real time as I moved and looked around (see image). It'd been fine for the first 30 hours or so of gameplay, and all drivers are up to date.

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/4449/2011111300002.th.jpg

Remedied by restarting your game after extended period of continous play. Until Bethesda fixes the bug of course, which will be soon.

Also I rather like the combat of TES. The Witcher 2's combat I did not like, besides the fact it would just break for no reason. This style of combat is how TES has always been, you either like it or you don't.

Edited by Roji8

Yeah, what it needs is people actually reacting to being hit in the face with a sword, rather than making it look like you're dragging a handful of wheat across a statue's face.

Well with the Savage Strike Perk for 1 handed weapons you can decapitate people.

In any case, more viceral would be better (but it's always been the way it is now) but hopefully the modding scene with the Creation Kit for the Creation engine can create some...gorey (yet awesome) combat.

I was expecting to be wowed and I was disappointed, but it's not end of the world terrible.

I'm fine with the environments and lighting, for the most part, but why does clothing and skin look so horrible?

I'm not bother about smeared looking rocks than I am by the characters. I think the weapons could look better too.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f116/cireking213/Oblivion/Skyrim/TESV2011-11-1315-59-14-04.jpg

And why do I have to trick the game into using Ambient Occlusion? Love the dark shadows on the side of his face.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f116/cireking213/Oblivion/Skyrim/TESV2011-11-1221-02-38-11.jpg

Overall, the graphics are not going to keep me from enjoying the game. Skin and clothing mods will be plentiful.

I think I will probably just need a light beautification pack to spruce things up.

However, the PC deserves better.

Some of the textures are pretty low-res, but for now im just gonna enjoy the game.

It is of course sad, that the engine is (basicly) still the same.

Witcher 2 seems way more capable and at the same time the studio is smaller then bethesda.

Edited by Nadimos