Right order for dlc with

hard8

Homemaker edits various menus that conflicts with the new DLC.

I thought DLC only needed to go into the other .txt file, not the plugin one.. I am drawing a blank on the other one, but I just have my DLC in that and my mods in plugin.txt, works fine.

I thought DLC only needed to go into the other .txt file, not the plugin one.. I am drawing a blank on the other one, but I just have my DLC in that and my mods in plugin.txt, works fine.

yea in this location C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Fallout4\plugins is the plugins text that is where you add in the dlc if the game doesn't in order for Loot to sort properly and or the content to work in game!..

To ad another question, the official esms from the DLCs come before mods?

If they haven't changed the system radically, vanilla and DLC esms come before mod esms, come before any esp.

I let LOOT do it's job. In hopes, it's doing it right.

Well, I figured out what happened.

While the esm being in my NMM load order and in my Fallout 4/Data folder, it wasn't written in the plugins.txt because Steam downloaded it but it was unchecked under Fallout 4/Properties/DLC.

Weirder things have happened but that was fairly odd.

yea in this location C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Fallout4\plugins is the plugins text that is where you add in the dlc if the game doesn't in order for Loot to sort properly and or the content to work in game!..

I am aware of Plugins.txt, the other one is DLCList.txt I believe. What I was saying is, I just have the DLC's in DLCList.txt seperate, then all the mods in the Plugins.txt, and it all loads how its supposed to. I believe this is what you are supposed to do, not load it all in plugins.txt, but I don't use any managers either so perhaps you can't do that when using managers, I have no idea.

While the esm being in my NMM load order and in my Fallout 4/Data folder, it wasn't written in the plugins.txt because Steam downloaded it but it was unchecked under Fallout 4/Properties/DLC.

Well using NMM mine was unchecked as well. But this also happened for me with other DCLs as well. Steam installed ok but they were not enabled. Had to activate them myself. No biggie but weird that they were not just automatically activated when installed...

Well using NMM mine was unchecked as well. But this also happened for me with other DCLs as well. Steam installed ok but they were not enabled. Had to activate them myself. No biggie but weird that they were not just automatically activated when installed...

Non no, the DLC was activated in NMM which was the confiusing part to me. It wasn't activated in Steam when you right-click on the game in the Steam library and go to Properties/DLC. It was downloaded and installed via Steam but for some reason Steam didn't checked the box for being installed and therefor it didn't made it into the plugins.txt which caused the problem. I looked into NMM and saw it was installed and activated but the content didn't showed up ingame which was frustrating to me.

I was lucky that the right neuron in my brain fired and I was able to fix it myself otherwise I had go through the pain of finding out if it is a mod conflict or even re-install the whole game.

Is there a difference between having the DLC's seperated into DLCList.txt over putting them with the mods in Plugins.txt? I have seen no issues on my end. Just curious if there would be a reason for me to change it. I had thought the way I was doing it was the norm in FO4. I know plugin.txt was used for DLC & mods on older titles though.