Anyone ignoring skyrim?

Kiyasumeni

87 members have voted

1. 1. Continuing to play Oblivion?

• Yes
    • No

Israphiel, I think that by now it's pretty clear that Bethsoft in at least some respects is counting upon modders to do the work that the company given the money for the game should have done.

I totally agree with you. Bethy appears to be growing cheap, which is not good at all. I am not completely disappointed quite yet, because they may be working on a huge addon, who knows. I don't know..I just hope that skyrim doesn't fall into unpopularity, because bethy needs to make more games. Without Skyrim selling, bethy won't have the money for more games, and I'll get bored. :P

And mah name is IsraphiAl, thank you very much! :P Just kidding, I don't mind. Happens all the time.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I upgraded my computer so I could play Skyrim. I played for about 100 hours and had had my fill. It is not as deep and ornate of a game a Morrowind or Oblivion. I guess I am also tired of unclimbable mountains, the bitter cold, and the washed-out monochromatic color-scheme. Oblivion looks like a cartoon. Skyrim is just so drab and blah looking. No character classes, no birthsigns, no greeves, no second ring slot. It is a seriously abbreviated game.

I guess the real problem is that there is no construction kit, so I can't just go fix things to make them the way I like them. I have to live in a game world designed by young kids at Bethesda who hate Morrowind. If they would release the construction kit, I would go back to Skyrim. But since there isn't one and isn't likely to be one until January 31st at 23:00, I am back to modding Oblivion.

I don't know what their problem is. Why can't they just release the construction kit? It functioned well enough for them to build the whole buggy video game. And since Skyrim is buggy and having lots of updates, why would it be so bad to release a buggy construction kit? They could just release updates for it too.

There's so much content in vanilla Oblivion that I haven't experienced yet, and so much that continues to be developed on a regular basis that I could stay with TESIV and never bother upgrading my PC to run Skyrim comfortably. Maybe when there's a modding presence in Skyrim that compares to Oblivion, I'll justify picking it up for $19.99.

As it is right now I love Oblivion, still haven't completed the main questline as I keep getting sidetracked with new playstyles, so I'll just stay where I am for now.

I'm sticking to Oblivion right now. I already bought Skyrim and I can run it comfortably on Ultra (minus AO) now that I've optimized it, but it has no serious modding presence without the Construction Set. I played Oblivion so much I tired of it on the PS3, and now that I picked it up for the PC and installed many, many mods, it's like a whole new game. Between Unique Landscapes, Alternative Beginnings, QTP3, Better Dungeons, and a plethora of other, more complex gameplay-changing mods, it's just way better than any other RPG at the moment.

Israphiel, I think that by now it's pretty clear that Bethsoft in at least some respects is counting upon modders to do the work that the company given the money for the game should have done.

QFT.

TES fans have been spoiled by modders and it's becoming quite clear that it's also spoiling the TES devs. :P

I intend to continue with Oblivion for a long while for a few reasons-

1.) My computer in its current state cannot run Skyrim. lol

2.) Four years of playing oblivion and I never did the main quest line.

3.) There's bound to be a plentiful amount of bugs and glitches in Skyrim to be sorted out.

4.) Oblivion is going to have more mods for a long time.

Anyone else joining me? Why are you sticking with Oblivion?

This may seem odd, but my pc runs Skyrim better than Oblivion. (vanilla versions of both. Skyrim is now modded to improve graphics.)

Edited by Aegrus

Shouldn't seem odd at all. Skyrim was designed after many of today's hardware improvements were invented (multi-core CPUs, multi-GPU steups, SSDs) or widely implemented (64 bit OSes). Oblivion can't take advantage of any of that (well at least not to the extent a modern game can).

2.) Four years of playing oblivion and I never did the main quest line.

Same reason here. I started playing Oblivion much later but I am going to finish it before I start Skyrim. It is really good and I would miss half of a great game if I would just go for the latter.