Skyrim vs Oblivion vs Morrowind

Goliath978

286 members have voted

1. 1. Which was your favorite(technology aside)?

Obviously Skyrim is best technology wise but if we think how morrowind and oblivion would've been given the technology of Skyrim, which would be your favorite?

None is really better or worse than another, just which part of tamriel that you will love the most.

For me: oblivion, then Skyrim, then morrowind

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to say fully on Skyrim just yet (only 8 hours logged so far), but from what I have seen...

Unmodded -

Story: Morrowind, Skyrim, Oblivion

Gameplay : Skyrim, Morrowind, Oblivion

UI: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim

I am enjoying it so far, but this UI makes things really damn difficult. Hopefully Bethesda will patch things soon to make it more usable for KB/M users, because I cannot see wasting even more money just to get a console controller to be able to use the menus properly.

Hard to say fully on Skyrim just yet (only 8 hours logged so far), but from what I have seen...

Unmodded -

Story: Morrowind, Skyrim, Oblivion

Gameplay : Skyrim, Morrowind, Oblivion

UI: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim

I am enjoying it so far, but this UI makes things really damn difficult. Hopefully Bethesda will patch things soon to make it more usable for KB/M users, because I cannot see wasting even more money just to get a console controller to be able to use the menus properly.

i think i have to agree with you on those votes, i myself am still new to skyrim, only lvl 6 atm :/

Since each of the Elder Scrolls games is so large, I enjoy pieces of each game more than the others. Certain Oblivion questlines, for example, are going to be difficult to beat in my opinion (especially the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild questlines). It's also difficult to outdo the unique feel of Morrowind's environment, architecture and cultural ambiance.

As for Skyrim, I really would enjoy more diversity (I understand Nords are everywhere, but, playing as an Argonian, I do feel a bit lonely). The main questline for Skyrim may be the best out of all of them, but I'll have to wait making that judgment until I complete it.

I agree with the above and feel that certain quest arcs from Oblivion are amazing, but at the same time voted Morrowind simply because I felt that story and it's expansions were much better developed than Oblivion on the whole. Of course, I still haven't finished the main quest in Skyrim (still working on all the random side quests :D )

Plus Morrowind had one thing that Oblivion and Skyrim didn't..... CROSSBOWS! I mean seriously, did everyone in the world forget how to build crossbows while at the same time Akotosh came down and took every single crossbow in the world and then flew away giggling like a 12 year old school girl because there are no more crossbows and everyone that knew how to make one forgot how to make one so no new ones will every be built? :wallbash: