Marriage Mod (Request)

Elof Valantor

Yes! Another bump for this mod. :)

I'd like it best if children were optional. And please, if not courtship, add affection and possibly romance. Vanilla marriages are a little...cold. I'd like to see them warmer.

I'm agreeing completely.

I'd love to date and romance with npc, next marriage and maybe some more. :>

That would seems natural, but how about marrying with creatures?

They're needs love too!

Oh god, it would be great to marry with kind of some furry troll and making with him... well, this kind of love

Edited by Lacorpse

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I second this, I'd like also to see an aging system, and all the mentioned features given to npcs as well, to create a really dynamic world, I would even do it myself, but let's see what capabilities the Construction set will have to offer before planning everything, and let's hope for a skyrim script extender really soon after the release of cs Edited by skingrad24

The romances are shallow. I'm not worried so much about the actual marriage, because I think it's all good as it is (aside from only a few words, and then they just pack up and leave. I reckon there should be some kiss animations, although hard to do because of varying heights with races)

I think it would be much better if there was a sort of build up to the marriage. Skyrim on its own is basically

1. Talk to NPC, 2. Do quest for NPC, 3. Return from quest to NPC, 4. Put on amulet, 5. Get married.

Hardly true love, is it?

In the build up, it should be at least 2 weeks (in game) before you can marry them. Perhaps you must be around the NPC for a particular amount of time. If you want to marry a warrior, take them out adventuring with you, and over time you grow closer. If it's not a warrior, still take them out adventuring (although protect them) and then grow closer. Take them to a pub, that's a good way. Gifts, like flowers.

One more awesome improvement would be animations, such as hugging (intimate), kissing (love), and pationate kissing (I dunno). Surely there will be a sex mod, so those animations are already covered. I don't know how well it would work though, and basically it is hard to animate interactions.

Just some suggestions. Hopefully it didn't sound too demanding or too out of reach.

BTW, I just re-read this and I think it would be hard to understand. That is just my style of writing, sorry. ;)

Edited by billyro

The romances are shallow. I'm not worried so much about the actual marriage, because I think it's all good as it is (aside from only a few words, and then they just pack up and leave. I reckon there should be some kiss animations, although hard to do because of varying heights with races)

I think it would be much better if there was a sort of build up to the marriage. Skyrim on its own is basically

1. Talk to NPC, 2. Do quest for NPC, 3. Return from quest to NPC, 4. Put on amulet, 5. Get married.

Hardly true love, is it?

In the build up, it should be at least 2 weeks (in game) before you can marry them. Perhaps you must be around the NPC for a particular amount of time. If you want to marry a warrior, take them out adventuring with you, and over time you grow closer. If it's not a warrior, still take them out adventuring (although protect them) and then grow closer. Take them to a pub, that's a good way. Gifts, like flowers.

yeah i totally agree there should be some time and way more stuff for marriage, but i can see why bethesda did do it because do you know how much dialogue they would have to have to support? at least for people you cant take out adventuring with you, there would either have to be a ton of dialogue or a ton of quests for them. But heres another thought i got while typing the previous sentence, what about giving prospective wife jewelry or something like that? or something like dragon age where certain gifts have weight with a certain type of character. you can go on dates which involve a short outing or something like that (so almost like timed companionship, after a certain amount of time the date will have to leave to go to sleep or get back to work kind of thing.