Help please: Newbie Questions about My computer's specs

Hello people

I know very little about computers.

I was hoping someone could tell me how successful I would be at running Skyrim. Some games I have been under the minimum specs, but I was still able to run the game. I guess i'm wondering how "short" I am for this game. I'd hate to buy the game and not be able to run it at an acceptable level (ie costant freezing/hiccuping of action)

My Laptop

Toshiba Sattelite

Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83GHz

3.0 GB RAM

Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack 2 (build 6002), 32-bit

VideoCard: Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family (VideoRam = 359.0MB)

Below are the official Skyrim specs

Minimum PC Specs

Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)

Processor: Dual Core 2.0GHz or equivalent processor

2GB System RAM

6GB free HDD Space

Direct X 9 compliant video card with 512 MB of RAM

Recommended PC Specs

Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)

Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU

4GB System RAM

DirectX 9 compatible NVIDIA or AMD ATI video card with 1GB of RAM (Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 or higher; ATI Radeon 4890 or higher).

Edited by Maria779

try this

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

should give you a rough idea.

i know my laptop can handle it (though mine is a little better then urs) but even then i just barely meet the requirements. but ill be waiting till next year until i can play it on my new PC rig

the 965 can be tricked into playing oblivion/fo3

using the same tricks you may get Skyrim to run,

but the game is too new for any 965 success stories to appear on the net

you are in uncharted waters

publish your memoirs

Here is another site that deals with the requirements and what graphics cards can handle what settings. It got my laptops graphic's card(GeForce GTX 260M) at the medium/high settings (mine personally handles the high settings very nicely.) Just read the entire page if you can get it to load. The site has been acting slow.

http://uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:System_Requirements

Here is another site that deals with the requirements and what graphics cards can handle what settings. It got my laptops graphic's card(GeForce GTX 260M) at the medium/high settings (mine personally handles the high settings very nicely.) Just read the entire page if you can get it to load. The site has been acting slow.

i cant get the page to load. just wanted to see how different it is from the one i listed.

what kind of laptop do you have? i also have a 260M....what r the specs of your laptop Venca? if yours can handle Skyrim then i might just get it now. i was gunna wait till next year when i build my PC.

i cant get the page to load. just wanted to see how different it is from the one i listed.

what kind of laptop do you have? i also have a 260M....what r the specs of your laptop Venca? if yours can handle Skyrim then i might just get it now. i was gunna wait till next year when i build my PC.

I've been getting the loading problem from time to time. My laptop is an Asus G72GX-RBBX05. Core 2 Duo P8700 2.53GHz, 6GB RAM, 240 GB OCZ Vertex 2 boot and game drive, 500 GB Seagate Momentus, and the graphics card that I mention although it is factory downclocked(though I don't need to overclock it at all to play at high settings at 1080 resolution.)

nice. a little better then my laptop. i have an Asus G51v. Core2 Duo P7350 @ 2.00GHz, 4gb RAM, the normal 320gb HDD, and the same GPU.

i considered getting that 500gb hybrid for my laptop. im gunna put it in my PC when i build it anyways, but now that the price on HDDs have sky rocketed, the longer i wait, the more chance it has to go back down in price (gone down $10 since it peaked lol)

=(

Even the advice in this thread is too confusing to me.

I already know my system doesn't meet minimum requirements (so using the "can you run it" website doesn't help)

And the other link to the wiki-page makes no mention of my video-card

I was hopeful because the reviews for the game said Skyrim's graphics were not that great. It is heavy in the gameplay and not so much in the eye-candy aspect of it.

Was hoping !

And the other link to the wiki-page makes no mention of my video-card

The problem is, with an integrated Intel graphics cards you won't even be able to play Oblivion (a 5 years old game!) on a decent frame rate, much less the more graphics-intensive Skyrim.

Edit: btw, Skyrim needs at least 512 MB of VRAM, your Intel 965 only has 359.

Edited by Wyrdfire