Two dragons, two giants and me

NewmanLim

My two most fun dragon fights, both involving third parties getting shouted at by it, were:

• Chasing after a Stormcloak messenger for a Legion quest, a dragon attacked the messenger. We killed it together, with the Messenger (who I wanted to kill anyways) acting as the tank, lol. Due to master difficulty scaling, she was better suited for that role than my tank-ish char anyway. After plundering the dragon corpse, I used the teleportation-like shout to catch up again, and one-hit-kill the poor lass, since she was apparantly already close to death "for mysterious reasons".
  • Started fighting a dragon on my own, then noticed a giant watching over two mammoths nearby, lured the dragon towards it. Giant killed the dragon, while I, knowing that Giants are stronger than dragons, repeatedly powerattacked the Giant from behind. It still freaking lived after killing the dragon. A few miles of hit-and run, hundreds of arrows and maybe a dozen reloads later, the giant and his mammoths were also taken care of. Definitely in my top 3 of "most epic skyrim battles."

Another funny thing about dragons: I wonder how Lydia feels about me only ever dropping by at the home she guards all the time to quickly drop off my dragon bones and scales, which I hoard for the time I'll be able to craft it. I don't even sleep there, since I use the nights for quests, dungeon crawling and dragon hunting and literally do not sleep. That's the patience of a true NPC for you. I imagine it somewhat like this:

Lydia: "Greetings my Thane, I respect you very much and would love to help you out with your adventures. Or go on a date or something *wink*."

PC, sounding like Gollum: "Then who will guard my precious dragon bones? I can't risk losing my precious treasure. Just stand there forever. kthxbye."

Edited by QDX2000