Finishing moves, the first big flaw of Skyrim (?)

Aventinus

Not all finishers are equal I guess but every 1h sword/shield finisher I have seen puts a smile on my face every time I see it.

Especially the up through the guts, down through the neck and the leaping stab :dance:

Edited by green0094

• 3 weeks later...

personnaly the sound engineer on this should be shot with a VERY BIG BOW...!

the sounds are straight out of fallout 3 which was pony then, come on Bathesda, the sounds made by someone wearing armour and sticking it to an opponent with a pointy ended blade or chopping with an axe sound COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

stop being lazy, redo the sounds for this, the moves themselves are pretty good especially caving in someones head / shoulder with a mace..!

personnaly the sound engineer on this should be shot with a VERY BIG BOW...!

the sounds are straight out of fallout 3 which was pony then, come on Bathesda, the sounds made by someone wearing armour and sticking it to an opponent with a pointy ended blade or chopping with an axe sound COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

stop being lazy, redo the sounds for this, the moves themselves are pretty good especially caving in someones head / shoulder with a mace..!

How many armoured people have you killed?

The armor of the enemy seems to effect how often the finishing moves occur. Its why I switched to heavy armor - wearing cloth I could get insta-killed and wearing light armor pretty much the same thing. Only heavy armor seems to prevent BS one-shot finishing move kills from happening against the character. Also if not wearing a heavy helmet decapitation seems to be more frequent.

Finishing moves seem to be more than just a stylised form of a regular attack. It seems to me that they do extra damage and even insta-kill in certain circumstances and are mainly based on the armor or type of enemy.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't personally mind the finishing moves. They don't occur all the time and there are some good ones. Decapitation never gets old for me. :) The only one that looks really bad is when a one handed sword thrust makes the blade go through my shield and into my enemies ribcage. The mesh clipping looks dreadful.

The third-person finishers are decent, though glitch with dragons, the first person moves are the best imo. I like that it happens often, but still rare enough not to get boring. I have noticed that stealth finishers don't work with Falmor at all, which is slightly annoying. Has anyone seen a finisher move with a Falmor?

some finishers just dont make sense against the draugr since their heads refuse to be decapitated...which brings us to the question.. why cant a humanoid be decapitated Bethesda? :S