Bethesda held back on horses again?

kayinv

From what I can tell, and from wiki info, all horses in Skyrim have the exact same stats, are all sold at common stables (save for the ones you can apparently catch in the wild - but they're not any different), and that there are no "special", or "legendary" horses as you rise in fame or infamy.

I do, however, see codes that add skins for Shadowmere...? Anyway, how do you like horses in Skyrim? Do you get the sinking feeling that special horses will be a buyable DLC like in Oblivion?

From what I can tell, and from wiki info, all horses in Skyrim have the exact same stats, are all sold at common stables (save for the ones you can apparently catch in the wild - but they're not any different), and that there are no "special", or "legendary" horses as you rise in fame or infamy.

I do, however, see codes that add skins for Shadowmere...? Anyway, how do you like horses in Skyrim? Do you get the sinking feeling that special horses will be a buyable DLC like in Oblivion?

Rarely used horses in Oblivion. Can you shoot from the ones in Skyrim?

No horseback combat. sadly. Well the few and slow sturdy horses makes sense in the north lands. It fits the area and how horses would be there.

That is what I really want at the moment. That and a horse for Lydia to ride so she can keep up...such a slow poke.

Yeah, gets rather annoying that I have to get off my horse to kill a wolf while it's eating my poor horse alive. . Should be able to use magic or bow and arrow on the horse to take out enemies. Or even a sword/mace, etc if the enemy is tall enough e.g. bandits, and necromancers.

I like the idea of Nord horses being more rugged and sturdy, but these horses seem a bit cartoonish, almost silly to me.

Looks fat with too short legs.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f116/cireking213/Oblivion/Skyrim/TESV2011-11-1217-22-24-60.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f116/cireking213/Oblivion/Skyrim/TESV2011-11-1217-29-34-66.jpg

Perhaps Beth' saved their efforts for more detail to the rest of the game. I would like several horse breeds and fighting from horse back.

Agree with horses for companions. That quest where I followed the... lady with the sword... to the town with.... wow, this is hard without a spoiler. The second named dragon. Anyway, she kept saying we need to move fast, I kept saying, well why didn't we get horses at the stables?

I love the way horses look in the game, also super disappointed that I have to get off the horse to fight anything, doubt that will get modded in. Hoping we get a personel stable mod on the board soon plus a companion horse would really help the game. Was disapointed that rinding the wagons for fast travel goes to immediate black screen and that once there you just appear not sitting in the back.

Definitely need a horse for companion, when I go somewhere I either leave my horse or companion behind as I don't want to deal with both of them.

Also I wish horses just wouldn't attack anything, although it brings a lot of humour to the game seeing your horse go after dragons, giants, climbing towers and bridges killing everything, and finding dead bodies next to your horse when you come out of a dungeon. I find it annoying, I'd rather my horse just run away if it was attacked, or just ignored by mobs all together. I would love a mod that made horses unable to attack or be attacked.