Spears

NeroAkira

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spears n halberds and the like weren't invented in the elder scrolls because the Nine's forgot to re-implement horse combat, and nobody ever follows any sort of formation. People just kinda run around like crazed chickens till their target's dead, so longarms just get in the way. That's the elder scrolls way.

i'd still very much like to have a spear or a scythe for my mage, shoot the ground infront of me with fire then pull out my spear and devastate, just cause noob ai cant use tactics doesn't mean i won't

/Sign for wininess.

Spears are cool, I want spears.

this is a must due to there being redguards with a more mid eastern feel who invented the halberd. i hope this gets made.

wat?

Halberds are Swiss... Not middle eastern.

Edited by lessthan3

Spears n halberds and the like weren't invented in the elder scrolls because the Nine's forgot to re-implement horse combat, and nobody ever follows any sort of formation. People just kinda run around like crazed chickens till their target's dead, so longarms just get in the way. That's the elder scrolls way.

WRONG! There were spears and polearms in DAGGERFALL, MORROWIND, etc. Oblivion is where they dropped the ball...

they were in oblivion at first, then they went into george bush mode, dragon age origins didnt even have spears, that was a huge mistake considering the strategy base in DA:O

oh yea and lol to halberds convo

Edited by NeroAkira

they were in oblivion at first, then they went into george bush mode, dragon age origins didnt even have spears, that was a huge mistake considering the strategy base in DA:O

oh yea and lol to halberds convo

Yup, both Bethesda and Bioware, who had for the longest time created games with polearms, suddenly sold out in the past 4 years in favor of saving a wee bit of time. If you're going to drop a weapon type, drop the 2 Handed hammers - they're the slowest, clumsiest, and less used weapon types throughout the ages. I can't believe they would choose 2H Hammer over a Polearm. Are you KIDDING me?

I like the current 2H axes and some of them look like pollaxes and bardiches already, but I suppose spears would be a cool addition (not that I'd use them, they're really only for formation fighting).

And yeah, if they were going to choose a weapon type to not have, hammers should be it. They deal the most damage, but nobody freaking uses them because they are too damn slow.