Dragon's easier to kill than trolls.

KaiIkaram

129 members have voted

1. 1. Do you also think they are?

• Yes
    • No

Well, I leveled up a few times since then and now they're a lot easier. I believe dragons have more health, but they still are easier to kill because you can dodge every single of their attacks, trolls are fast, regen a lot of health and when you are at a low level, they kill you in 3 hits.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, just wondering... Did you guys also notice that it's harder to kill a troll than a dragon? I mean, I've have killed at least 7 dragons so far but I always have to run away from trolls because they will kill me in no-time. Maybe it's because dragon's keep a distance and give you time to heal?

I um... take no damage from either :devil: , but i can 3 shot a troll basically run -> power attack -> slash -> slash = dead with a skyforge steal waraxe (flawless) and it takes about 11-15 hits for a blood dragon at level 29.

Frost Trolls are not your regular Trolls. If the poll is about regulat Trolls then I have to say no. Frost Trolls on the other hand are something else entirely.

But frankly I've had more trouble with some mages (not the lowly ones mind you) than with dragons.

I guess a stealthy character can kill mages before they even know he/she was there so playing style definitely makes a difference.

Frost Trolls are not your regular Trolls. If the poll is about regulat Trolls then I have to say no. Frost Trolls on the other hand are something else entirely.

But frankly I've had more trouble with some mages (not the lowly ones mind you) than with dragons.

I guess a stealthy character can kill mages before they even know he/she was there so playing style definitely makes a difference.

After reading this I hadn't even thought about the difference between frost and reg trolls but yeah Frost trolls are much much harder IMO than a dragon. -Although i tend to just shield bash them allot to interrupt their attacks and let Lydia do the majority of the DPS.

Dragons get way stronger as you level up, so the player actually has a chance to beat them at a lower level. At level 60 Elder Dragons take 3 power attacks with a 470ish damage War hammer to take down. Still take 2 hits if I use berserker rage, any and all trolls die with just one normal swing.

Those overpowered weapons everyone is talking about are pretty close to being what you need to be doing in the 60-70 range, and I suspect that weapon will be about the same as a normal steel 2h weapon at the beginning of the game at level 70. If its taking more than a couple swings with a 2h weapon to drop your average foe, on adept difficulty, you are underpowered.

Yeah, I was talking about frost trolls.

lol i got no problems taking down the bulk of skyrim's monsters, dual weld bound swords and bound bow, archery, conjuration and swordsman all 100. power attack with dual weld swords together [left and right keys] basically one hits anything. sneaking and power attacking a giant one hits it, well sneaking and power attacking anything basically one hits it :D

• 1 year later...

My fire Mage kills frost trolls in 2 fire ball hits (duel casting) or 4 normal hits and kill dragons in like 10 hits (duel casting). I have never lost to a Troll/Frost Troll in Skyrim yet, in fact the only times I lost to a troll was back in Oblivion on low level characters or win I got mobbed by 5 of them in a corner of an Alyed ruin.

Dragons on the other hand kill me a lot unless I'm playing as an archer gunner.

Edited by blackninja50