Load Loose Files not staying checked

lumpylemons

I've seen another guy with this problem (unless you're the same person from /v/). My only guess would be something to do with admin privileges. If you're not logged in as an admin, run the launcher as an admin.

K. this didnt change anything. here is a screenshot. you can see that the data files option is greyed out and i cant select it.

i had this problem to you need to go into skyrimprefs.ini the one thats in your games folder not the other one

k....what would i change in my skyrimprefs.ini file?

I've seen another guy with this problem (unless you're the same person from /v/). My only guess would be something to do with admin privileges. If you're not logged in as an admin, run the launcher as an admin.

K. this didnt change anything. here is a screenshot. you can see that the data files option is greyed out and i cant select it.

i had this problem to you need to go into skyrimprefs.ini the one thats in your games folder not the other one

You need to input

[Launcher}

bEnableFileSelection=1

You need to input

[Launcher}

bEnableFileSelection=1

This worked for me, but "load loose files" still won't stay checked... none of my custom textures will load.

im having same problem with it staying checked too, hopefully someone has a fix for this

although a couple of you are having a dif problem than me w/ the load loose files box, changing the line in my *.ini file didnt allow me to click on data files option :(

i still have no fix for my particular problem.

im having same problem with it staying checked too, hopefully someone has a fix for this

although a couple of you are having a dif problem than me w/ the load loose files box, changing the line in my *.ini file didnt allow me to click on data files option :(

i still have no fix for my particular problem.

If you are still having troubles with the Data Files thing, i just figured out you don't have to change the SkyrimPrefs.ini that's in the game folder, but the one that's in C:\Users\****\Documents\My Games\Skyrim. This ini didn't have the line that you suggested, adding it fixed the problem. thanks too someone else that posted this and it worked for me try it works 100%

The solution is simple. Make the changes that you want, and then set the ini as read-only. This will make it not editable, and only readable, which means that that line cannot be removed unless you uncheck "read only".

In windows, right click the file, go to properties, and check "read only". You should know how to do that already, but it doesn't hurt to explain how to do it anyway.

The reason it won't stay checked was explained in the 2nd post of the thread.

Loose Files refers to versions of files in the .bsas that are in the Game Data/Textures/ or Game Data/Meshes/ or etc directories that are meant to override the original versions in the .bsas. Hence "loose". They introduced that option in Fallout, but it was on by default in Morrowind and Oblivion