Timescale

Modslave

Something I'm noticing is that NPC routines don't seem to be being affected by set timescale to X.

It appears to work in many cases but in other events it appears that entire cities of people will be up and about at 3am if that happens to be the time that you arrive.

This largely seems to have something to do with the on arrival scripted events and conversations that occur when arriving at various cities.....but tends to muck up the NPC routines for at least a day til they settle into normal routines.

Just something I thought I'd point out. You can definitely adjust timescale to your personal liking as per usual, but its not performing quite as effectively as it did in previous Bethsoft games.

Something I'm noticing is that NPC routines don't seem to be being affected by set timescale to X.

It appears to work in many cases but in other events it appears that entire cities of people will be up and about at 3am if that happens to be the time that you arrive.

This largely seems to have something to do with the on arrival scripted events and conversations that occur when arriving at various cities.....but tends to muck up the NPC routines for at least a day til they settle into normal routines.

Just something I thought I'd point out. You can definitely adjust timescale to your personal liking as per usual, but its not performing quite as effectively as it did in previous Bethsoft games.

Just have to set it up early, and keep it at a value higher than 5. Or, just wait somewhere for 24 hours after setting. The unusual NPC behavior (such as shops never closing, people talking to themselves when you first arrive) seems to actually still be present if you never change it, and probably the result of packages not being held back until a script happens, or scripts being used at strange times.

I confirmed, in game, that the scale is 20 to 1 by default and haven't messed with it yet.

Weird that it's 20:1 instead of 30:1 because at default, time passes the same as OB and FO3's 30:1, 2 secs real time = 1 min in game.

Anyway, I've set mine to 5:1 and everything seems normal. I'll report if anything seems screwy though.

Weird that it's 20:1 instead of 30:1 because at default, time passes the same as OB and FO3's 30:1, 2 secs real time = 1 min in game.

Anyway, I've set mine to 5:1 and everything seems normal. I'll report if anything seems screwy though.

Yes please do report if 5:1 creates a problem. I'm not sure I'd go that slow myself. Maybe 10:1 I'm thinking.