Mage Classes

Brendon123123

Favorite Skyrim "Class"  

53 members have voted

1. 1. How do you play the game?

• Sword and board. They won't last long, but I will. ;)
    • Massive two-hander. They won't last long. At all.
    • Restoration freak. They won't be killing me anytime soon.
    • Destruction! They'll be nothing but a pile of ash when I'm finished.
    • Conjuration machine. Let my minions do the work for me.
    • Alteration. They'll wish they hadn't downed all that Skooma earlier.
    • Mixed. Versatility is my thing, and I get to hit 'em with everything.
    • Archer/Ranger. Won't even know what hit 'em.
    • Rogue. I'm the fiendish type.

I told myself I was going to make a full-mage character in celebration of Skyrim. Guess what? It WORKS! Level 7, and still going strong without being killed once or having to go back to an older save. Much better than the old days of Oblivion where the majority of my time on a mage character was spent running circles and chugging potions. Coupling dual-wield/overcharging spells with effective use of the hotkeys in your favorites menu works out to be one hell of a deadly player. The new perk trees are also amazing. You can really fine-tone your class. Props, Bethesda! My only qualm so far? There's never enough Magicka. Never enough! Edited by Brendon123123

archer/ranger and rogue i think should be combined as i myself an all 3 in 1, stealthy type hehe

i'm currently level 12 1/2 but iv died maybe a handful of times? playing on master though...my last death was from a group of spriggans -.-

Typically I run around with a sword in one hand and either a heal spell or shield in the other. On occasion, I whip out the ol' bow and do some damage with that. I also throw in the odd Firebolt spell to keep things interesting. Recently got the Bound Blade spell and it has taken over for my regular steel sword. In other words, I mix it up constantly. Same character has gone dual wielding and two-handed just for kicks. Also dual spells (Flames) against a troll. Bar-B-Q.

The only consistent aspect of the character is heavy armor. Of course, this could be because the game is new and other than "argonian," I had little in the way of concept.

I'm playing a Mage, although I've focused my perk points into Destruction, I've added points into Alchemy for the Restore Magic Potions...Also Resist potions are king in fights with other magic users and especailly great against dragon breath. I've also learned some neat things about the other schools of magic that make me think about starting over again, Restoration has really nice block spells and magic regen, while alteration can give you straight up magic absorbtion. I have to say its much easier and more entertaining to play a mage in Skyrim than it was in the previous elder scrooll titles.

Skyrim Spell casters is definitely lots more fun. Dual casting (Having two spells ready at your disposal) alongside spell hotkey makes changing spells a breeze in a realtime battle.

Was hard to manage in Oblivion as I found myself pausing the game lots to switch mid battle. Skyrim is more fluid...

I've made a tank class and never died. I'm level 22.

I've only done smithing and I've got a full set of exquisite Orcish gear (With sword and shield(Both exquisite))

My heavy armor is 60.

My one handed skill is at 62. (Never have I used a two handed weapon.)

Block is at 63.

Also, I only a bow when I run into dragons. (Skill level 24.) (Also an exquisite Orcish Bow.)

As soon as my smithing is high enough, I'm making Deadric Gear.