Need Drinking Alcohol Effects

MikeFightNight

I think it would be awesome if someone could come up with a way to give drinking booze a timed visual effect. I just think it's weird I can down 10 ales with no effect (i'm not playing a Nord either;) Maybe give the effect a 60 second timer and making the effect more pronounced with the more drinks you have would be very cool. Anyone else want beer goggles in their Skyrim?

2nd and 2nd....

More Realism. Plus need Hunger, Thrist (gotta have a reason to down all that Nord Brew), Rest mod.

I'm guessing alcohol addiction (or possibly the cold weather) is the reason for drinking so much mead, rather than thirst.

Yea, cold weather definetly affects the drinking, it warms you up. And yes, i would like to see the effect of drinking too. I have seen few good shadereffects on game already that could work nice with bit addition of screen shaking.

Yea, cold weather definetly affects the drinking, it warms you up

Makes you feel warmer, doesn't actually warm you.

Anyway, I'm surprised that Bethesda didn't include a Hardcore mode, it was very popular in New Vegas.

i concur, i once drank with a guy from winterhold and we ended up clear across the map past helgen, there could also be a stagger, just use the "you fell too far and injured yourself" animation, and everytime you drink some the timer resets

Yea, cold weather definetly affects the drinking, it warms you up

Makes you feel warmer, doesn't actually warm you.

Anyway, I'm surprised that Bethesda didn't include a Hardcore mode, it was very popular in New Vegas.

Despite the fact it said 'recommended' next to the Normal Mode option :P

But yes, alcohol would be like Med-X in Fallout. Provides no warming effect, but allows you to ignore cold for a while?

These are all great ideas, I love having realism in my RPG's! I am also kind of disappointed Bethesda did not include a hardcore mode, having a hunger and thirst meter would make me cook a lot more stuff as I usually just use potions to gain beneficial stat bonuses. They spent all that time modelling awesome foot and drink items, at least make me want to use them!

It would also be awesome if you had animations for drinking an eating, like while sitting at taverns. I know New Vegas had mods like this;)

Edited by MikeFightNight

And visual effects when coming down from a skooma high

Not to de-rail the converstaion but,

I haven't come across any Skooma yet but I hope you can make it with the right ingredients some how. I have this idea of becoimg the Walter White (Breaking Bad) of Skyrim :tongue:

Also are you telling me there is no visual effect at all when taking Skooma!?!

Edited by MikeFightNight