load loose files won't stay checked

dek100

It's useless to re tick it every time. I use TESV.exe (with this, you can't go in Data Files menu), but textures mods are in the game.

How are you getting mods in the game? My loose files will not stay checked, and I have checked all of the .INI files to make sure the right line is in there under launcher.

None of the mods work in my game, what am I doing wrong?

SOLVED

I apologise for double posting, but I solved the problem for me. I had to remove the three files form the Data folder that came with one of the mods: d3d9.dll , enbpalette.bmp and the enbseries.ini files. I believe it was the d3d9.dll file causing the problem, but I have not yet done any investigation as to which one of the three is the one to blame.

Hope this helps some of you out there

Peace

Checking Load Loose Files doesn't do anything for me either, if you go back and check Data again even before you start the game, it's unchecked again. However all my new textures still show up anyway. I even checked the Skyrim ini to see if I could find bInvalidateOlderFiles=1 like in the other Beth games and there is no [Archive] section there. I suppose we could try to add it but I don't want to mess with that until I know more.

Best bet is probably go ahead and install NMM and reinstall all your textures from there. I'm holding off until it comes out of beta and the CK gets released because we'll really need it once we have to start adjusting esm and esp files. Texture loading has never been much of a problem before and in fact is not much of one now for me at least.

I'm not sure but it seems that "bEnableFileSelection=1" simply automatically checks off any esm or esp files in your Data folder because the one esm and esp I have tried were already checked when I went in to manually check them on the load screen. Some one out there must know more than that so hopefully they will explain it to us.

• 2 weeks later...
Are you all sure you have any loose files? Loose files usually only occur if you extract a mod directly into your Data folder and the modder uploaded the data tree incorrectly so that all the mod files didn't go into all the correct subfolders. If you unzip your mods in a seperate location and manually cut and paste them into the correct Data subfolders then you shouldn't have any loose files so the selection will be grayed out since no loose files exist. Right?