showracemenu ?

jgarling

I have read in a few places that using showracemenu to change COSMETICS has no change to your character. I believe this is wrong. You lose a number of active magic effects, but the big one (as a Breton) is losing my racial magic effect (25% magic resist)

Anyone know how to get around this?

Anyone know the From ID for the Racial passive effects? So we can add them back on? They seem to be the only thing missing.

Thanks a ton!

So I save while in the showracemenu, then reload and then make the changes, or make the changes before I reload?

Basically, I'm a Redguard and I've invested a lot of hours already in him, but I wanted to actually change him to a Khajiit or Nord without having to start all over and lose 40 hours. What can I do?

It works for me with no problems, I don´t loose any skills nor spells and I´m also a vampire and I don´t loose vampirism as well, I use it mainly to change hair and beard XD

I've changed my character's appearance like four times now and none of my stats, abilities, powers, spells, quests, inventory, or attributes have changed at all. When you change your race you WILL lose any racial abilities and racial bonuses associated with that race BUT you will gain the new bonuses of the other race. Changing your race also does appear to reset some of your skills and attributes :( Edited by James009

I've changed my character's appearance like four times now and none of my stats, abilities, powers, spells, quests, inventory, or attributes have changed at all. When you change your race you WILL lose any racial abilities and racial bonuses associated with that race BUT you will gain the new bonuses of the other race.

Thanks a lot, hopefully this really is the case and I don't find out that something went wrong down the road. :thumbsup:

To those saying that they have done this and it "worked" can you please confirm that you have opened your "ACTIVE EFFECTS" section under magic and see that your racial is still there. Perhaps I am doing something wrong in the order of operations.

Stats stay the same

Skills/perks stay the same

ALL active effects (other than sign for some reason) are gone. Your gear enchantments are easy to get back - just take off then put back on.

But how to get Racial passive back. Pretty sure all races have a passive. I hope to test this later today with all the races.