[LE] Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Not sure about that one but there's a set of globals holding day, hour, etc, called GameHour probably and you can check those with GetGlobalValue.

Another thing to note is where you put the condition:

> On the magic effect it is checked only when it is first applied to the target

> On the effect window of the ability/enchantment it is checked constantly

You'd want the latter so it detects the time change and kicks in.

Nice idea with the globals. Neither putting the conditions in the magic effect nor the spell/ability seem to work.

My conditions are GetGlobalValue >= 19 and GetGlobalValue <= 5

Edit: Got it. Smaller value needs to be first and the first conditions needs to be OR. Thanks FF!

Edited by Elias555

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How can I prevent the player from exiting a dialogue menu? I've already tried checking "Walk Away Invisible In Menu" in the Topic Info settings to no avail.

EDIT: It seems that this isn't possible at all in the Skyrim engine. I had to use a wacky workaround, registering for frequent updates in a script, checking whether the player has left dialogue with the actor in question, then force the player back into dialogue again. Not perfect but it'll do.

Edited by wormple12

Allright, my math skills are not at all good enough for this SetPosition/SetAngle matter:

I have three actors. I want to move ActorA so that he's positioned right in the middle between ActorB and ActorC, no matter where the two latter are standing (although they are of course inside the same cell). I know I can find the coordinates of ActorB and ActorC with GetPositionX, GetPositionY and GetPositionZ, but can't figure out how to find the center point between those sets of coordinates.

Then I want ActorA to change Z angle so that he faces ActorC. For this, I have no idea how to even begin.

I hope there's a mathematical genius out there who can help me :) Thanks in advance.

Given (x1, y1, z1) and (x2, y2, z2) as your coordinates, the midpoint is simply ((x1+x2)/2, (y1+y2)/2, (z1+z2)/2)

for your second problem you just need https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=GetHeadingAngle_-_ObjectReference

So that ANewAngleZ = A.GetAngleZ() + A.GetHeadingAngle(ActorC)

Edited by FrankFamily

Given (x1, y1, z1) and (x2, y2, z2) as your coordinates, the midpoint is simply ((x1+x2)/2, (y1+y2)/2, (z1+z2)/2)

for your second problem you just need https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=GetHeadingAngle_-_ObjectReference

So that ANewAngleZ = A.GetAngleZ() + A.GetHeadingAngle(ActorC)

Fantastic. Sounds pretty simple, yes, It's been too long since I had math lessons, it seems. Thanks :D