[LE] Quick Questions, Quick Answers

There is a column "count" in the object window that shows how often an object is used.

I think there also was a way to list all cells where that specific object is used, but I cant remeber how it worked.

Is there a way to do that or did I remember wrong?

Is the VoiceSprintEffect1 script box empty for you? It's empty for me and I can't figure out how it works. I want to make a short dash out of it and temporarily make the player a ghost to make it look like the player went through the actor(is that the correct method?).

Another question. What's the standard/safe way to add a perk when a spell tome or spell is used? I can do it with a script but is that the best way?

VoiceSprintEffect1 script box is empty. It is given a magnitude value of 10 in the VoiceWhirlwindSprint1 spell. That value is most likely what controls how far the player moves with just the first effect.

As far as the perk, under those two scenarios, script is probably best. OnRead event for the tome and scripted effect for the spell.

So how does it work exactly? There's nothing in the mgef, projectile or spell. Must be hidden for some reason.

I went with script. I didn't try OnRead but OnEquipped worked.

The effect itself does nothing. The animation graph detects which shout you have equipped and plays the proper animation. If you have the whirlwind sprint shout equipped, it plays the whirlwind sprint animation instead of the usual shout animation. You can see animations by going to Character -> Animations in the drop-down menu. For humanoid NPCs, select 0_Master. The shout animations are near the bottom of the 0_Master animation tree, but above the "loose" animations.

Thanks. That's the first time I've heard that sort of thing. I hope it allows me to make it into a lesser power.

There is a column "count" in the object window that shows how often an object is used.

I think there also was a way to list all cells where that specific object is used, but I cant remeber how it worked.

Is there a way to do that or did I remember wrong?

That option is on the context (right-click) menu to show all the uses of an object. It's split into two lists. One shows where the thing is referenced in things like scripts, recipes, dialogue conditions, leveled lists, etc. and if it's a form that can be placed in a cell the other half lists every instance found in the game world somewhere.

Â

Â

Â

Is the VoiceSprintEffect1 script box empty for you? It's empty for me and I can't figure out how it works. I want to make a short dash out of it and temporarily make the player a ghost to make it look like the player went through the actor(is that the correct method?).

Â

Another question. What's the standard/safe way to add a perk when a spell tome or spell is used? I can do it with a script but is that the best way?

VoiceSprintEffect1 script box is empty. Â It is given a magnitude value of 10 in the VoiceWhirlwindSprint1 spell. Â That value is most likely what controls how far the player moves with just the first effect.

Â

As far as the perk, under those two scenarios, script is probably best. Â OnRead event for the tome and scripted effect for the spell.

Â

So how does it work exactly? There's nothing in the mgef, projectile or spell. Must be hidden for some reason.

Â

I went with script. I didn't try OnRead but OnEquipped worked.

Â

Â

The effect itself does nothing. The animation graph detects which shout you have equipped and plays the proper animation. If you have the whirlwind sprint shout equipped, it plays the whirlwind sprint animation instead of the usual shout animation. You can see animations by going to Character -> Animations in the drop-down menu. For humanoid NPCs, select 0_Master. The shout animations are near the bottom of the 0_Master animation tree, but above the "loose" animations.

Â

Thanks. That's the first time I've heard that sort of thing. I hope it allows me to make it into a lesser power.

I think you will have to call the idle from a script if you want to use it from a lesser power.

I think you will have to call the idle from a script if you want to use it from a lesser power.

Just tried it, you might be right. How should it be called? OnEffectStart...PlayIdle?

These didn't work, didn't even play the animation.

Event OnEffectStart(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)

Game.GetPlayer().PlayIdle(VoiceWhirlwindSprint)
	;Debug.SendAnimationEvent(Game.GetPlayer(), "VoiceWhirlwindSprint")

EndEvent
Edited by Elias555

Gonna try here first because I hate making whole topics for things that might be easily answered.

I've been learning the CK for about a week now and everything has gone relatively smoothly. Any and all issues I've had, up to this point, have been easily resolved on my own. But I can't for the life of me figure this one out.

My dialogue won't initiate. I've had this problem before--but it was the "Start Quest Enabled" bug that was the issue, and I generated the .SEQ using TESVEdit file and everything was fine again.

As of yesterday, the dialogue was working. I would activate the quest-giver and she would go through the dialogue trees perfectly. Then I started to do some side-work, making the other characters, setting them up correctly, etc. I hadn't tested the beginning of the quest since probably yesterday afternoon.

Then, tonight, I decided to go through the quest entirely after I had added a new objective and changed some things. I go to talk to the quest-giver, but she doesn't initiate the dialogue tree. I can't for the life of me figure out why.

I've tried twice to re-generate the .SEQ file just for the hell of it. Still doesn't work. I've checked and double checked dialogue conditions, they all seem to be correct. In game, I use console commands to check and advance the stage, and she still won't talk to me. The odd thing is, despite having her alias marked as Essential, I'm still able to kill her. Before this problem, she was essential (presumably) until I completed the quest. This leads me to believe it may be an alias issue, but I'm not experienced enough to really know for sure.

Can anyone give me any suggestions as to where to start? Common causes of this issue? I know it could be any number of things on my end, and it's not really solvable without more details (which is why I refrained from making a new topic) but a push in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

I would also be happy to provide any other details that may be important.

Gonna try here first because I hate making whole topics for things that might be easily answered.

I've been learning the CK for about a week now and everything has gone relatively smoothly. Any and all issues I've had, up to this point, have been easily resolved on my own. But I can't for the life of me figure this one out.

My dialogue won't initiate. I've had this problem before--but it was the "Start Quest Enabled" bug that was the issue, and I generated the .SEQ using TESVEdit file and everything was fine again.

As of yesterday, the dialogue was working. I would activate the quest-giver and she would go through the dialogue trees perfectly. Then I started to do some side-work, making the other characters, setting them up correctly, etc. I hadn't tested the beginning of the quest since probably yesterday afternoon.

Then, tonight, I decided to go through the quest entirely after I had added a new objective and changed some things. I go to talk to the quest-giver, but she doesn't initiate the dialogue tree. I can't for the life of me figure out why.

I've tried twice to re-generate the .SEQ file just for the hell of it. Still doesn't work. I've checked and double checked dialogue conditions, they all seem to be correct. In game, I use console commands to check and advance the stage, and she still won't talk to me. The odd thing is, despite having her alias marked as Essential, I'm still able to kill her. Before this problem, she was essential (presumably) until I completed the quest. This leads me to believe it may be an alias issue, but I'm not experienced enough to really know for sure.

Can anyone give me any suggestions as to where to start? Common causes of this issue? I know it could be any number of things on my end, and it's not really solvable without more details (which is why I refrained from making a new topic) but a push in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

2 out of 7 times the problem has to do with a baked save, meaning information has been saved into the save file that was later altered. Have you tried using a new character, COC from the menu without any mods installed and see if the problem persists.

Maybe it has something to do with the script fragments or the alias not being done correctly.

2 out of 7 times the problem has to do with a baked save, meaning information has been saved into the save file that was later altered. Have you tried using a new character, COC from the menu without any mods installed and see if the problem persists.

Maybe it has something to do with the script fragments or the alias not being done correctly.

Yup-- Every time I test the quest, it's a COC from the menu. It's also a completely vanilla game, with the exception of the quest mod, obviously, and an unfinished dungeon I was working on, completely unrelated to the quest.

Very well could be script fragments, I did add a few in right before I tested it. They compiled and I double-checked them after I had the problem, but I'll check again in the morning.

Thanks for the help, though. Any other suggestions?

Is there any way to detect whether an item is unique, or whether an item is craft able, by script? Hoping to help someone make their unique weapon leveler script universal to include 3rd party mods. Something like .IsUnique() that can be applied to weapon/armor formids?

Edited by irswat

Is there any way to detect whether an item is unique, or whether an item is craft able, by script? Hoping to help someone make their unique weapon leveler script universal to include 3rd party mods. Something like .IsUnique() that can be applied to weapon/armor formids?

.IsUnique() does not exist and I know of no way to dynamically do what you want in-game in a manner that is blind to any other mod and its contents