[LE] Quick Questions, Quick Answers

If you want the merchant to buy/sell keys, you need to add the VenderItemKey keyword into the appropriate form list of items for that merchant. Â Or create a new formlist for just your merchant so that only your merchant can buy/sell keys.

Thank you for the reply :) I have tried that and it doesn't seem to work. I will keep looking for the solution. Others have said there is no way to accomplish this without resorting to scripting.

I was under the impression that vendors can never sell keys.

The way the merchants are set up, they buy/sell items with the keywords on the formlist assigned to them. Unless they are flagged to not buy/sell then they will not buy/sell any items with the keywords on the formlist. Seeing how the lists to not buy/sell include the VendorItemKey, it is a logical deduction that one can try including the keyword on a merchant's buy/sell list.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Bethesda decided to hard code the inability to buy/sell keys and what we can see in the Creation Kit are remnants of their initial attempt to prevent buying and selling of keys using the normal method.