[LE] Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Does the onHit Event react to magicEffects / damage over time effects?
To be more specific:
I have a poison, that causes every second damage, will the onHit script trigger on it, every second it deals damage?
If yes, there is an option in the magic effect, that says "No Hit Event", does this count only for applying the magicEffect or also for every tick if the effect?

Thanks

Edited by Zzyxzz

Does the onHit Event react to magicEffects / damage over time effects?

To be more specific:

I have a poison, that causes every second damage, will the onHit script trigger on it, every second it deals damage?

If yes, there is an option in the magic effect, that says "No Hit Event", does this count only for applying the magicEffect or also for every tick if the effect?

Thanks

To answer myself:

MagicEffects do not trigger onHit Events.

Hi all,

I've recently reinstalled the Creation Kit after a hiatus and am playing around with it again. When I first installed it a few days ago, the pan function worked fine. Then yesterday, the middle mouse button suddenly did nothing. I didn't mess with any settings that I know of, but.... It doesn't do anything. So fine, I started using the space bar to pan, and that worked. Now, today, that doesn't work either. I press the space bar, click, and drag, but the camera just rotates like it would just by clicking. Anyone have any thoughts about what I might have screwed up?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I did check the move-speed setting and made sure that pan was set to 5 in the movement tab and 1 in the preview movement tab.

Edited by numitea03

I'm having an NPC problem where their confidence is set to foolhardy, but they are still fleeing when combat happens around them. What's the deal with that?

I'm having an issue where certain facegen parts that I've selected in the creation kit aren't showing up, too... like, I edited Vorstag, but kept his face paint? When I go into the game, no face paint. When I diasble that specific mod, the facepaint comes back, so I'm pretty sure that it's not a different mod interacting weirdly. Not sure if this is related to your foolhardy issue or not, but it's weird that the settings aren't carrying over properly. I'm pretty sure you can set confidence via the console, but that doesn't fix the root issue.

Confidence: 0=cowardly, 1=cautious, 2=average, 3=brave, 4=foolhardy

select npc with console open, then "setav confidence 4"

Again, doesn't solve the root issue. I would also be curious if anyone had ideas on this.

• 2 weeks later...

In theory, if you modified the soul trapping script(s) you could incorporate a soul gem that could hold multiple souls. You'd just need to create one version for every possible quantity of souls that it could hold. Then the soul trap script would remove one and add the next. However, getting the enchanter and/or weapon recharging to work properly with it may not be possible. Doesn't mean you couldn't create a separate workstation to 'break apart' the multi-soul gem into individual soul gems for the enchanter and/or weapon recharging.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I reskinned a skeleton from Skyrim using testskeleton.nif & created a new actor, race, armor & armor addon entry for it but in-game it stands in the t-stance & has no animations.

You can see the axe it should be holding floating around in the air & it's glowing eyes move independently of the head & it zips around the world space, just with no animations.

I'm wondering if the nif I used was wrong. It's the only skeleton nif in the meshes folder I extracted from the BSA. Is it an unrigged mesh or is there a setting I may have forgotten to change or add?

I'm using nifskope rc4, if that's relevant.