[LE] Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Place the object in an empty cell and point the alias to it there, then add that specific object to the player's inventory.

Oh, yeah, AddItem can also add specific references, I forgot that.

Aliases can only be filled by object references. Items in an inventory are not object references.

If what you say is true, how could an alias ever create an item on its own in an inventory and point to that? ("Create Reference To Object")

And furthermore, how could an alias ever trace the specific reference that it points to in an inventory to continuously mark that reference as a quest object?

Anyhow, thanks to both of you :)

Place the object in an empty cell and point the alias to it there, then add that specific object to the player's inventory.

Oh, yeah, AddItem can also add specific references, I forgot that.

Aliases can only be filled by object references. Items in an inventory are not object references.

If what you say is true, how could an alias ever create an item on its own in an inventory and point to that? ("Create Reference To Object")

I believe it's calling PlaceAtMe internally.

Once the object has been placed in an alias (or a property on a script), it becomes "persistent." Persistent objects continue to be treated as references in an inventory.

It still doesn't make sense to me. If that is so, then the item created on the run by AddItem should become persistent because it's placed in an alias and therefore be treated as a reference. I can't see the difference between creating an item via script and creating an item via Create Reference To Object -- both are placed in the alias immediately.

Once the object has been placed in an alias (or a property on a script), it becomes "persistent." Persistent objects continue to be treated as references in an inventory.

It still doesn't make sense to me. If that is so, then the item created on the run by AddItem should become persistent because it's placed in an alias and therefore be treated as a reference. I can't see the difference between creating an item via script and creating an item via Create Reference To Object -- both are placed in the alias immediately.

AddItem (as you are using it) doesnt add a reference to the player. It adds the base object. Therefore no reference is ever created and it is the equivalent of passing "none" as the parameter of ForceREFTo().

AddItem (as you are using it) doesnt add a reference to the player. It adds the base object. Therefore no reference is ever created and it is the equivalent of passing "none" as the parameter of ForceREFTo().

Okay, I guess that makes kinda sense at last. Thanks for the elaboration :)