[LE] Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Scriptname AceScriptCheckIfHit extends activemagiceffect

Event OnHit(ObjectReference akAggressor, Form akSource, Projectile akProjectile, bool abPowerAttack, bool abSneakAttack, \
bool abBashAttack, bool abHitBlocked)

Actor TheActor = Self as Actor ;What's the correct syntax for this?
Debug.Notification(TheActor +" was hit")

EndEvent

Event OnHit(ObjectReference akAggressor, Form akSource, Projectile akProjectile, bool abPowerAttack, bool abSneakAttack, \

EndEvent

Use GetTargetActor instead, I'd say.

Can anyone explain to me please:

What is the difference between "Calculate Weapon Damage" and "Mod Attack Damage" in Perk Entry Point if there is any?

If it's easier to answer then:

Which one should I use if I'm trying to fortify weapons' damage - if a sword has 112 damage after tempering, which one will make it 168 after I use "Multiply Value: 1.5"?

Hard for me to say exactly what Calculate Weapon Damage does in a way that can be understood, so I'll use this example: It is used for the Silver Sword(SilverPerk), which does 20% more damage to werewolves, or undead.

Mod Attack Damage though is a value applied directly to the base damage of the weapon. Thus.. a weapon with a base damage of 30, would be 39 after a Mod Attack Damage of 1.3 if using Multiply Value.

Hard for me to say exactly what Calculate Weapon Damage does in a way that can be understood, so I'll use this example: It is used for the Silver Sword(SilverPerk), which does 20% more damage to werewolves, or undead.

Mod Attack Damage though is a value applied directly to the base damage of the weapon. Thus.. a weapon with a base damage of 30, would be 39 after a Mod Attack Damage of 1.3 if using Multiply Value.

Thanks! That helped a lot!

Just one more thing:

I'm not familiar with the formula for calculating a weapons' damage, so what will be the result if I apply a multiplier of 1.5 from each?

Which one will result in a bigger increase?

Not sure, you could test both out in the game though.

Edit: I'm believe that with Calculate Weapon Damage, you will not see any change to the displayed damage in the UI and that is calculated instead at the time of strike. The displayed weapon damage will reflect the changes made to it by Mod Attack Damage however.

Edited by Rasikko

EndEvent

Use GetTargetActor instead, I'd say.

Thanks. What about for this?

MagicEffect Property MyCurrentEffect Auto  

Event OnHit(ObjectReference akAggressor, Form akSource, Projectile akProjectile, bool abPowerAttack, bool abSneakAttack, bool abBashAttack, bool abHitBlocked )

;What I've tried
    GetTargetActor().MyCurrentEffect.Dispel()
    MyCurrentEffect.Dispel()
    GetTargetActor(MyCurrentEffect.Dispel())

EndEvent

Edit:

Nevermind.. https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=DispelSpell_-_Actor

Edited by Elias555

HI all,

I'm have a little bit of trouble with a hit shader I'm trying to apply via a magic effect. The magic effect, including the hit shader is being applied to the target. Unfortunately, the hit shader is only being applied to the target for ~1 second instead of the duration of the magic effect (as desired). Despite the FX Persist flag being ticked in the magic effect it just does not want to stay applied to the target. My suspicion is that it has something to do with how I set up the custom EffectShader. It seems that I'm on the right track, since the effect is initially being applied properly, but I just can't figure out this seemingly very complicated panel of information.

All I want is a simple texture to be applied to the target for the duration of the magic effect. Preferably with a brief fade-in and fade-out, although that would be icing on the cake. No particle effects, edge effects, or holes needed.

As you can guess by now, I haven't played around with textures very much and the explanation on the CK wiki (https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=EffectShader#Particle_Shader) was well over my head. And I'm having a heck of a time finding any tutorials on this sort of stuff, so I'd appreciate anyone who is willing to help/point me in the right direction. The setup of my EffectShader is here (https://ibb.co/mo5rnx). I hope this information will help someone help me :smile:

Thanks in advance!

Edited by candlepin