[LE] Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Ok, guess I'll ask my question in another way (and maybe get an answer?): does anyone know of a way to dynamically (and temporarily) change the texture set of NPCs? Basically, I want a certain texture to be applied to NPCs when they are hit with a certain effect. I was thinking the way to do this would be via an Effect Shader, but I'm having a very difficult time finding information about this (even the CK wiki is pretty sparse). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Have no idea if it works since there's no entry about it on the wiki, but you can try doing it on OnEffectStart via SetNthTexturePath (unless you don't want to use SKSE).

Does a crash log for Creation kit exist? If it does how can find it?

If you haven't seen it already, have a look at this and this.

Papyrus logs are not crash logs. That myth was debunked years ago when one of the developers of Papyrus explicitly stated that the logs are only for debugging scripting problems and are worthless as crash logs. Just enabling the Papyrus logs is more likely to make your game crash because it consumes extra resources and a lack of resources (mostly RAM) are the main cause of crashes. And more importantly the Creation Kit doesn't even run Papyrus scripts.

The real answer is no neither game itself nor the Creation Kit have any sort of crash logs.

Ok, guess I'll ask my question in another way (and maybe get an answer?): does anyone know of a way to dynamically (and temporarily) change the texture set of NPCs? Basically, I want a certain texture to be applied to NPCs when they are hit with a certain effect. I was thinking the way to do this would be via an Effect Shader, but I'm having a very difficult time finding information about this (even the CK wiki is pretty sparse). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Have no idea if it works since there's no entry about it on the wiki, but you can try doing it on OnEffectStart via SetNthTexturePath (unless you don't want to use SKSE).

Thanks for the suggestion wormple12. I actually figured out how to do with with an EffectShader this morning after probably around 14-15 hours of testing (ugh). Once I finish my mod I'll try to slap together a quick tutorial to help others.

So I'm back with another question, but this one's a doozy:

I found out that the Skyrim saves alot of info on the save files (.ESS), one of which is something I couldn't find through scripting, and it is located in the "Changes Form" table.

I know that Skyrim Save Editor can access that info and edit it, so I want to know how to access that table through scripting - just get that table.

Anyone knows how that is possible?

It's the last piece I need!

How does one go about replacing the item values for, something like another players quest mod. For example, say someone has a mod that spawns item X, i have item that is a fork of X that has a higher default armor value and a additional script running on it, how would i go about ensuring that item Y is spawned and handled like X, Instead of X. Note: WITHOUT changing the spawn script, or otherwise copying the originating mod.

Edited by Matterom

How does one go about replacing the item values for, something like another players quest mod. For example, say someone has a mod that spawns item X, i have item that is a fork of X that has a higher default armor value and a additional script running on it, how would i go about ensuring that item Y is spawned and handled like X, Instead of X. Note: WITHOUT changing the spawn script, or otherwise copying the originating mod.

Is X spawned via alias or do you know in which containers X can be? If so, make a script that runs on the first time the game loads with your mod installed -- here you disable or remove the original object(s), then place your item in the same location(s) as the original was. This only works if you actually know where the original item(s) is though... or if the item can be referenced via an alias.

Is X spawned via alias or do you know in which containers X can be? If so, make a script that runs on the first time the game loads with your mod installed -- here you disable or remove the original object(s), then place your item in the same location(s) as the original was. This only works if you actually know where the original item(s) is though... or if the item can be referenced via an alias.

It's an alias i believe, Going through the scripts, i see references to Armor Property X Auto for all the items. where X is the item name in the creation kit. But if i did that would their logic still work on my version?

It's an alias i believe, Going through the scripts, i see references to Armor Property X Auto for all the items. where X is the item name in the creation kit. But if i did that would their logic still work on my version?

No, afaik, if there are properties referring to the old object in the original mod, you'd need to either change those properties to point at your new object or copy the original functionality in your new mod. Too bad you can't change properties dynamically. Depending on how many properties and when and why and how they are used in the original mod, it might be possible to work around it though.

ÃÂ

ÃÂ

ÃÂ

No, afaik, if there are properties referring to the old object in the original mod, you'd need to either change those properties to point at your new object or copy the original functionality in your new mod. Too bad you can't change properties dynamically. Depending on how many properties and when and why and how they are used in the original mod, it might be possible to work around it though.
You could add the script as a property of another script and then change the properties that way.

YourScriptName Property ShortName Auto

ShortName.SomeProperty = NewValue

In fact there's a tonne of different ways you can change the properties of a script from another script. Can give more examples if needed.

Edited by B1gBadDaddy