[LE] Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Would help, i'm still figuring out how to work the creation kit/papyrus

Does the script responsible for knowing what the item is hold all the properties? Or are there a bunch of separate scripts? If it's a single script you need to hook into it'll be much easier.

So I'm back with another question, but this one's a doozy:

I found out that the Skyrim saves a lot of info on the save files (.ESS), one of which is something I couldn't find through scripting, and it is located in the "Changes Form" table.

I know that Skyrim Save Editor can access that info and edit it, so I want to know how to access that table through scripting - just get that table.

Anyone knows how that is possible?

It's the last piece I need!

Fine, fine, I guess it's too much to ask...

So instead here's an easier one:

How do I check if the player has just activated something? An arcane enchanter to be more specific (not just)

ÃÂ

ÃÂ

Is X spawned via alias or do you know in which containers X can be? If so, make a script that runs on the first time the game loads with your mod installed -- here you disable or remove the original object(s), then place your item in the same location(s) as the original was. This only works if you actually know where the original item(s) is though... or if the item can be referenced via an alias.

ÃÂ

It's an alias i believe, Going through the scripts, i see references to Armor Property X Auto for all the items. where X is the item name in the creation kit. But if i did that would their logic still work on my version?
No, afaik, if there are properties referring to the old object in the original mod, you'd need to either change those properties to point at your new object or copy the original functionality in your new mod. Too bad you can't change properties dynamically. Depending on how many properties and when and why and how they are used in the original mod, it might be possible to work around it though.
You could add the script as a property of another script and then change the properties that way.

YourScriptName Property ShortName Auto

ShortName.SomeProperty = NewValue

In fact there's a tonne of different ways you can change the properties of a script from another script. Can give more examples if needed.

Wow, how can I forget that? You're a genius, thanks for the correction.

Don't forget you can get the script programmatically if you have the object. Example:

ObjectReference akObject

FullScriptName ShortName = akObject as FullScriptName

This allows you to alter the properties on an object instance. The same method applies for base objects like Activators.

Edit:

You can do the exact same thing using GetFormFromFile to, meaning you can alter properties and use functions from mods without adding dependency.

Edited by B1gBadDaddy

So, when you are making bloodeffects meshes for an existing modded weapon which lacks them (Johnskyrim's Shadowmourne), and everything works just fine except for the blood actually displaying on the weapon, what recourse realistically is there for troubleshooting? Since the weapon doesn't crash, has no rigging that can freak out, and generally is failing to go wrong in all other respects, all my regular avenues for troubleshooting don't apply.

I've run out of things to (more than) triple check, and I just can't get it to work, or even to explode. Is there anything I can check outside of the .nif that might need sorting out? The weapon does have an enchant effect but that seems to be handled outside the weapon .nif itself.

I'm working on making a simple animal follower and I'd like to adjust their attack speed when certain conditions are met, preferably via a perk or spell/ability. I'm having a hard time with this though, since as far as I can tell animal-based attacks are considered "unarmed" and I have not been able to find a way to boost unarmed attack speeds (hard coded only?). Any help with this would be appreciated!