[LE] Quick Questions, Quick Answers

I seem to of figured it.. Partially out, I go to try and add the script as a property and the compiler refuses to acknowledge the scripts existence. "cannot convert to unknown type TargetScript"

To add it as a property the script needs to be present. This means your mod has to require the other. Instead use GetFormFromFile() to get the quest object the script is attached to and do it that way.

You still need to have the script installed so you don't get compiler errors, but your mod won't require it when playing.

Edit

I'll give you an example script later, not at a PC at the moment.

Edited by B1gBadDaddy

I'm working on making a simple animal follower and I'd like to adjust their attack speed when certain conditions are met, preferably via a perk or spell/ability. I'm having a hard time with this though, since as far as I can tell animal-based attacks are considered "unarmed" and I have not been able to find a way to boost unarmed attack speeds (hard coded only?). Any help with this would be appreciated!

If it's increased unarmed damage you are lpoking for, I suggest you take a look at the enchantment of "Gloves of the Pugilist".

After that it's just adding a perk with that kind of effect to your animal follower with the right strength and conditions.

Good luck!

I'm working on making a simple animal follower and I'd like to adjust their attack speed when certain conditions are met, preferably via a perk or spell/ability. I'm having a hard time with this though, since as far as I can tell animal-based attacks are considered "unarmed" and I have not been able to find a way to boost unarmed attack speeds (hard coded only?). Any help with this would be appreciated!

If it's increased unarmed damage you are lpoking for, I suggest you take a look at the enchantment of "Gloves of the Pugilist".

After that it's just adding a perk with that kind of effect to your animal follower with the right strength and conditions.

Good luck!

Thanks, but I had already found how to increase unarmed damage. What I'm looking for is to increase unarmed "weapon" speed, assuming that animal attacks are considered unarmed. And I can't for the life of me find out how to do this. Really would like to be able to change unarmed speed, even just in the CK if necessary.

Good luck!

Thanks, but I had already found how to increase unarmed damage. What I'm looking for is to increase unarmed "weapon" speed, assuming that animal attacks are considered unarmed. And I can't for the life of me find out how to do this. Really would like to be able to change unarmed speed, even just in the CK if necessary.

No need to take it so far... CK is just for emergencies only...

Here you go: Set weapon speed script function

It gives you the option to change the weapon's speed, but it requires scripting and the use of SKSE.

As far as I know - that's the one way to change the speed of a general weapon.

Here's another suggestion though: add a custom weapon (unarmed one) to your follower and then you'll be able to set it's base speed yourself.

WARNING! I haven't made any mods including animals and I'm just an amateur when it comes to modding, so I'm not sure this is even possible!

If it is though, it will solve some of your problems rather quickly.

Good luck!

It gives you the option to change the weapon's speed, but it requires scripting and the use of SKSE.

Here's another suggestion though: add a custom weapon (unarmed one) to your follower and then you'll be able to set it's base speed yourself.

WARNING! I haven't made any mods including animals and I'm just an amateur when it comes to modding, so I'm not sure this is even possible!

Yeah, I've considered doing this, but I thought I should exhaust all options for increasing unarmed weapon speed before trying to add a custom weapon to a wolf, bear, sabre cat, etc. I've successfully modified weapon speeds in another mod I'm working on so I know how to do it, but unfortunately it doesn't apply to unarmed attacks. It'd be interesting to find out if animals can use weapons in the first place. Anyone know? That would potentially solve the issue, although I'd have to also find a way to make such weapons non-unequippable.

ÃÂ

ÃÂ

ÃÂ

I'm working on making a simple animal follower and I'd like to adjust their attack speed when certain conditions are met, preferably via a perk or spell/ability.ÃÃÂ I'm having a hard time with this though, since as far as I can tell animal-based attacks are considered "unarmed" and I have not been able to find a way to boost unarmed attack speeds (hard coded only?).ÃÃÂ Any help with this would be appreciated!

Good luck!

ÃÂ

Thanks, but I had already found how to increase unarmed damage.ÃÂ What I'm looking for is to increase unarmed "weapon" speed, assuming that animal attacks are considered unarmed.ÃÂ And I can't for the life of me find out how to do this.ÃÂ Really would like to be able to change unarmed speed, even just in the CK if necessary.

ÃÂ

ÃÂ

ÃÂ

WARNING!ÃÂ I haven't made any mods including animals and I'm just an amateurÃÂ when it comes to modding, so I'm not sure this is even possible!

ÃÂ

Yeah, I've considered doing this, but I thought I should exhaust all options for increasing unarmed weapon speed before trying to add a custom weapon to a wolf, bear, sabre cat, etc.ÃÂ I've successfully modified weapon speeds in another mod I'm working on so I know how to do it, but unfortunately it doesn't apply to unarmed attacks.ÃÂ It'd be interesting to find out if animals can use weapons in the first place.ÃÂ Anyone know?ÃÂ That would potentially solve the issue, although I'd have to also find a way to make such weapons non-unequippable.ÃÂ ÃÂ

As I said I have no idea about animal weapons, but about you can check unequipable items in USLEP - there's quite a few, it's just adding one simple line that says you can't equip them.

That's as far as I can go, my jurisdiction ends here...

Good luck mate!

Edited by DMan1629

Suppose it doesn't help that i'm having issues setting the other script as a masters. Do i need to compile it in creation kit? or does it compile on runtime

Scripts need to be compiled in the CK (or using the Papyrus Compiler that the CK uses). They are not compiled at run-time.

Ah yes i had forgotten to update, i had been using the CK to compile, but the problem was the script wasn't running, or at least i had no way to really tell if the script is running. Every time i go to edit the quest, the scripts i attached to it are not there. when i load them, they are not saved, unless i open in an external editor and save it, i can open it back in the CK and it runs, but doesn't compile properly, so i use the NP++ setup and it compiles without error. This little project is a massive headache of either tool or user error, or perhaps both.

Yeah, Can't seem to get the scripts to attach to the quest, i put the scripts to the quest, Hit okay, Save the esp, close CK, Reopen CK, go to quest, No scripts attached to quest.

Edited by Matterom