Removing a Set Marker

Royhr

Ok I generally do not use markers often. In previous Fallout games I remember being able to set a map marker and then easily remove it. But in FO4 I can set a map marker ok but then I cannot figure out how to remove it all together. There is no remove option. All it seems to allow me to do is to set it someplace else. So how the heck can I get rid of a set map marker all together? Is there maybe a console command to remove it that I'm not aware of?

Wow no replies at all? Is it maybe because it's just a stupid question or is it that nobody has any kind of answer? If it's a stupid question then just say so. I'm a big boy I'll be able to handle it. :cool:

Anyway let me ask? Does anybody have the option to remove a map marker once you set it? As I said above I always had a remove option in previous Fallout games but not with this one. If there is supposed to be a remove option then why the heck do I not see it? Anyway at least somebody confirm to me that there is no option if indeed there is none I'd appreciate it because it sort of bugs me right now.

I don't have any type of option to remove mine, just re-apply it somewhere else on the map.

Thanks for replying and verifying this for me. I really do appreciate it. That is what I've been doing but sometimes I like to not have the indicator showing in my hud unless I actually want to use it for whatever reason. I know I can remove the indicator from showing in my hud if I want to change my hud settings but it's just a pain to have to do that each time I want to use it or remove it since it requires to do so out of game. Just weird that they eliminated the remove option from FO4.

I don't play Skyrim. Was the remove option available in that game or is it just FO4 that it has been removed? If it was not an option in Skyrim then I can better understand why it's not in FO4. Though I still think it's sort of stupid. If you can set it you should be able to remove it whenever you want.

Finally sorry for ranting on about this. It's just one of the many little things that bug me about the game and I was just trying to verify if it actually a game thing or something wrong with my setting or something. I know there are more pressing issues with the game but again it's just something that bugs me...

I use the Pip-Boy App on my Ipad. I mostly use it as a GPS so I can glance down at the map to see where I am. In the Pip-Boy app there is a remove map marker option but I tend to also move my map marker almost every time I touch the screen to adjust the map which is also a bit annoying. :mad:

Well I'll be damned... I figured out how to remove a map marker you set and I could have sworn that I tried this already but apparently not. Anyway if you manually set a marker the way to remove it is to click on any empty space on the map. Not on any other map marker. When you do so it will ask you if you want set a map marker or remove a map marker. As I said I could have sworn I tried that but I guess I only clicked on the marker I had set and that will not give you a remove option. Though why not is beyond me. Anyway one little annoyance eliminated. :dance:

Well something changed and maybe the last update is the reason or maybe I installed something that I'm unaware of. Anyway where I was able to remove a set map marker by just clicking on an empty place on the map no longer works. If I click on an empty spot of the map it will set a custom map marker and I cannot remove it but only move it. Oh well...

Well something changed and maybe the last update is the reason or maybe I installed something that I'm unaware of. Anyway where I was able to remove a set map marker by just clicking on an empty place on the map no longer works. If I click on an empty spot of the map it will set a custom map marker and I cannot remove it but only move it. Oh well...

I remember it working this way but I haven't played the new patch sooooo... yeah, I'm inclined to think it broke some feature of the map.

I remember it working this way but I haven't played the new patch sooooo... yeah, I'm inclined to think it broke some feature of the map.

Or the new update added the feature of a custom map marker. You can set it and then fast travel to it. As long as you don't set it to another map marker that you have not discovered yet. Or at least I think you can. But prefer the way that it was working previously. Where you could set it but also remove it if you chose to do so.

Well I decided to mess around a bit to figure this out . I removed a couple of map related mods I had installed and after doing so the problem went away. Vanilla map works normally. I can set and remove a custom map marker. Not exactly sure which mod might have been causing my problem but at least I've resolved my issue. I've since installed JAMA Just Another Map Attempt and man I love it. It's so much better than the Satellite maps I tried and of course much better than the vanilla map. Then I added CMM Cartographers Map Markers which works great with the map mod. This mod adds the options of small map markers, zoom in and out and optional different combo color icons. Makes the map really pop and super easy to read. And the custom map marker works like it should. Now it's not a satellite style visual so if that's your thing then this probably won't interest you but it's really nice and clean. Wish I had seen these map mods sooner.