Help Helmet Mod Not Working

I am trying to make a helmet using one already in game. I'm using Creation Kit. I've tried twice and I can't get it to show up in game. I want a Draugr Deathlord helmet. I couldn't find the exact one so I'm using the Helm of Yngol. I was following a tutorial which says my helmet should work. These are the steps I followed.

My first attempt I duplicated the Helm of Yngol, then changed the value to 5000, the armor rating to 50, the race to default race, the name to Deathlord Helmet, and the ID to DeathlordHelmet. When it didn't work I changed the keywords to make it Daedric, and added forging at regular & skyforge. It still wouldn't show up and I couldn't forge it. I removed it from the game folder so I could try again.

I thought maybe since the Helm of Yngol isn't a wearable armor in the game that might be causing a problem, so I duplicated the Daedric Helmet this time. I changed the World Model to the one for the Helm of Yngol so that it would look like it. I changed the Name & ID like the first one above, & the armor rating to 50.

The tutorial said all I had to do after the mod is created & installed is use the console commands to get it. I typed "help deathlord" then hit enter. All I got was Draugr NCPs. I typed "help deathlordhelmet" then hit enter, but got nothing at all. According to the tutorial I should have gotten the helmet I just made so that I could get the ID for it. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Please help.

• 2 weeks later...

If the Helm of Yngol isn't a wearable armor in the game ... you will never be able to make it wearable. This mesh isn't set up for it. It is most likely a static item. (haven't looked)

Other than that this is as simple as editing a helm and recipe with a new name (yes, on make a new form) then aiming the mesh at the helm you want.

According to the wiki it's playable.

First thing first you'll need to be certain that your helmet exists. Open the console and enter (with the quotes): help "deathlord helmet"

If it's here then you have to add the recipe.

In the CK duplicate RecipeArmorDaedricHelmet & TemperArmorDaedricHelmet.

Change the IDs and in the dropbox labelled "Created Objet" change ArmorDaedricHelmet to DeathlordHelmet (or RainbowUnicorn or anything you used as the editorid of your helmet).

That doesn't sound too hard, thank you.

The main problem I'm having is that I can't get it to show up in the console. The esp file shows up in my list of mods and it's active. I'm beginning to think CK doesn't like me.

Okay, after creating the recipes the way you said the helmet works ingame. I can now craft it at the forge and upgrade it at the workbench. Thank you so much for your help!

Edited by 1SupremeBeing