The house in Windhelm

LoofSquared

Attention, this might contain a spoiler off of a side-quest.

I just bought the house in Windhelm, and yes sure, I'd be happy with it.. 'less there wouldn't be gore bloodstains all over the house. As you might know, the house was part of a quest to find out the identity of a murderer, and the house was filled with these "clues", including gore and bloodstains. Now, I thought those should be cleared out when I buy the house, and I also heard you shouldn't be able to buy the house before finishing the quest, but I was. So I bought the house before I ever went in there and now it's like that, filled with skulls and all although I already decorated it.

As you might guess, this is really bugging me, I tried waiting for a week, disabling the gore, and nothing. The gore and bloodstains can't be disabled and they seem not to disappear in time, I've done everything I can, now, any suggestions?

Edited by Neokore

Yes, I do think it would be really easy to fix with the Creation Kit. In fact, I'd do it myself right now if I had the Creation Kit, but I guess I'll just have to wait 'till it comes out so I can move into the house. As for this spoiler, I apologize. If this thread is to be moved into the spoilers category, so be it, unfortunately I cannot do this. Edited by Neokore

No, there are no "services to clean my house", there is no such an option in the dialogue. What I can do is I can buy the furnishing, but there is no option for cleaning, at all. Maybe I'll just go check the NPC again, for the tenth time or so..

No, there are no "services to clean my house", there is no such an option in the dialogue. What I can do is I can buy the furnishing, but there is no option for cleaning, at all. Maybe I'll just go check the NPC again, for the tenth time or so..

I just went through buying decorations for that house. When I looked at the decoration options list the very last one was 500 gold to clean up the mess. I didn't buy that first. I bought something else and then the clean up the house option vanished from the list. The house was all furnished but still had the mess. Fortunately I had a save from just before buying the decorations. I reloaded and this time I spent the 500 to clean up the mess first and that worked. It would appear there is a bug with the decoration options.

It is a nice house but I'm so looking forward to the Creation Kit coming out. I'll make a lot of changes.