Morrowind, Steam Edition, and the Construction Set

Tigrah2k

Hi everybody,

I just got my new PC, and I want to start on my Morrowind modding again. I have the Steam GotY edition of Morrowind, and would like to know how to get Morrowind to work with the Construction Set, please.

I know it's the wrong forum, and I will be posting this in the right forum as well (I hope), but how do I convince Skyrim CK to load multiple master files?

Can I simply copy over my existing data files, and have them work with the Steam version? Most of it is taken from Nexus, but some is way older. I think it should work, though I suspect I'll have to download and reinstall the script extender, and other side programs.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, now the issue I have is that, while I moved my entire data files folder into Morrowind's data files location on my new pc, I will have to completely route the texture locations on my retex objects... CS refuses to match it, as the location doesn't add up to it.

Texture paths are stored in an object's NIF file, not in the CS. A CS object will have a NIF assigned, the textures drawn on that NIF are defined in the NIF itself.

Sounds like you've managed to bake your full texture path into the NIFs, which'd make 'em useless for anyone who has the game installed to a different path than you do.

Either manually edit each one in NIFSkope or grab NIF Texture Stripper v1.6