ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Total Realism Overhaul

Mansh00ter

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely a fan of the hunger map that you drew up. I think its a pretty fair draw up. However, I do believe that stage 0 and stage 2 could be merged into stage 1 and just last a little longer (6 hours instead of 4.) I also believe that sleep should not be exclusive to magicka, but to stamina as well. Not sleeping will definitely affect focus, but it will also affect endurance as well. Anyway, here is my two cents on the map you drew up for hunger with some revisions of my own as well as a few suggestions for additions.

Hunger: Effects health and stamina.

Stage 1: You're not hungry. No adverse effects on stamina, or health.

Lasts 0 hour - 6 hour.

Stage 2: You are hungry. Minor to Moderate stamina regeneration rate penalty (Perhaps make it an increasing multiplier .9 to .5 * stamina regen as a function of time?)

Lasts 6 hour - 24 hour

Stage 3: You are starving. Moderate stamina regeneration penalty. Moderate reduction in overall stamina. Minor overall health penalty. (You can't tell me someone who is starving is as healthy as someone who is not.)

Lasts 24 hour - 54 hour

Stage 4: You are dying! Massive Stamina regeneration penalty. Moderate reduction in overall stamina. Moderate overall health penalty. (Maybe even Moderate to Complete health penalty. Making it multiply by .7 to .0 at the 72nd hour.)

Lasts 54 hour - 72 hour

I hope you find my criticism worthwhile. I feel like 4 instead of 6 stages would save some time scripting such tiny bonuses / penalties such as stage0 and stage2. I hope you find it worthwhile to include overall health penalties to some of the more dangerous of stages. I'm not sure how scripting works or if linear equations can be incorporated into these states but using multipliers to make regen rates decrease as the person is exposed to a given condition for a longer period of time would be very worthwhile.

I think its a good idea to use sleep to affect magicka but I also believe that its important to make use of its role in stamina as well. If someone is without food and sleep for 48 hours you can bet that they will have very little stamina as a result. The two effects from the conditions should be cumulative.

Edited by Silhouetteless

Let me know what you think. I'll post thirst and sleep distribution lists later when I calculate them. Sleep deprivation will affect total magicka available to the player, while thirst will affect magicka regen rates (I know, I know, this is not World of Warcraft, but I don't know what else to affect for some real consequences) + both will apply unique penalties of their own so that going hungry, thristy and sleepy will stack up.

How about this: Hunger will affect total HP, Strength, stamina regen and acrobatics (movement speed, jump height, run stamina, etc). Sleep will affect magicka regen, total stamina, guile (stealth, pickpocket, etc), vision blur and speechcraft. Thirst will affect total magicka, vision contrast/brightness, agility, and hp regen.

Let me know what you think. I'll post thirst and sleep distribution lists later when I calculate them. Sleep deprivation will affect total magicka available to the player, while thirst will affect magicka regen rates (I know, I know, this is not World of Warcraft, but I don't know what else to affect for some real consequences) + both will apply unique penalties of their own so that going hungry, thristy and sleepy will stack up.

How about this: Hunger will affect total HP, Strength, stamina regen and acrobatics (movement speed, jump height, run stamina, etc). Sleep will affect magicka regen, total stamina, guile (stealth, pickpocket, etc), vision blur and speechcraft. Thirst will affect total magicka, vision contrast/brightness, agility, and hp regen.

I like that, thanks. But I should also mention there is a fourth component to TRO Basic Needs, called Exhaustion. This will be a cumulative score of Sleep, Hunger and Thirst levels and will impose additional penalties and bonuses, mainly related to combat efficiency, but also to overall character performance.

This component will be only active in the full TRO package, since it will tie in with the Combat Overhaul. For standalone version of Basic Needs, it won't have an effect.

I know creators hate this question but I gotta ask because I'm going crazy waiting; any rough idea of when the basic alpha of this mod will be released? The eating / drinking / sleeping / survivability part I mean?:)

Also while I am thinking about it, the game basically rains food upon you. On bodies, on farms, in barrels and sacks in the streets, dungeons filled with barrels and sacks all full of FREE, bountiful, no challenge, easy grab gigantic stockpiles of food. To make the challenge of hunger more of a challenge are you intending to reduce the tonnes of free food laying around the world and increasing the cost to buy it? With a civil war raging, hordes of bandits pillaging caravans and of course dragons laying fire to farms and villages I would hope that food would become extremely hard to come by and more expensive to buy from the NPCs

Edited by Oomo

I know creators hate this question but I gotta ask because I'm going crazy waiting; any rough idea of when the basic alpha of this mod will be released? The eating / drinking / sleeping / survivability part I mean?:)

And the usual answer is: when it's done. :P

Actually I have the system working nicely, there are just a few minor bugs with duplicate effect descriptions - what remains is to go through the item lists and add nutritional value for all edible food stuffs, and also make drinks quench thirst. That's just plain old manual labor, so there isn't much more to do before it is ready for release.

Regarding food scarcity, see a few posts above.

Just be sure to keep all thing as options ;)

I don't like the realistic overhaul, because this is a fantasy game and the beauty of fantasy is doing thing that in the real world you cant do :)

But i Thanks a lot for your work you take it from your free time

(Sorry about the thousand following grammar mistakes :whistling:

im from Germany)

hope this mod works im dreaming of this since i played morrowind years ago :woot:

but maybe there could be some sounds like tomby rumbles when you are hungry or yawn when you are sleepy :wink:

and i know that this will take to long to make, but it would be cool when there are some animations when you are drinking(also potions) or eating

cause of this you cant do this during the battle for better realistics

and maybe more animations (poison your weapon,...etc)

PS cant wait for this mod :thumbsup: