Total Realism Overhaul

Mansh00ter

I like your very simplistic approach where you take clever shortcuts instead of trying to make impossible things work. This will make this mod actually happen. Eventually, someone else might solve your more complex issues.

I'll keep a close eye on the modding community for any breakthroughs in that area (and keep trying myself), since I'd love to bring real locational damage to TRO, just like it was in Fallout.

It still baffles me why they got rid of it. And full dismemberment. Ok, I understand they maybe wanted Skyrim to get a certain rating, but I was very disappointed to learn that they completely disabled it. Hacking limbs off just goes so well with huge swords. And hell, you can cut off heads, but you can't cut off arms and legs?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-added drink values to various drinkable consumables (not potions)

-added refillable bottles functionality; to save time I left out waterskins for later releases - right now you get empty water bottles from drinking most beverages in the game, and you can then fill those bottles at streams throughout Skyrim. One full water bottle is good for two drinks before it has to be refilled. Right now you can fill only empty bottles, I'll expand scripting so that half-empty ones can be filled later.

-increased the chance of raw food making you sick to 70%. Players should really cook their food.

So now just the getting drunk script and sounds and Total Realism Basic Needs will be good to go!

And man, nothing brings the sense of adventure like puking after eating some rotten apples. :P

Well I can add that if you are drunk, you can eat horrible disgusting garbage with less chance of puking, it's a few lines of code... :)

But then again, if you are really drunk, you should have a chance of puking anyway.

Maybe I should call this module Total Realism: The Puking Simulator... :D

I hope to add the rest of the needed features for TRO - Basic Needs later today, so stay tuned for a release announcement!

~Player puking in the street~

Guard "I need you to ask you to stop that... puking. It's making people nervous."

Player "Too bad, there's plenty more where that came from -- ~Bluuurgh~"

~Player puking in the street~

Guard "I need you to ask you to stop that... puking. It's making people nervous."

Player "Too bad, there's plenty more where that came from -- ~Bluuurgh~"

By the Gods! If the dragons ever find out how to puke like the player, the tundra lowlands will be nothing but a pool of green bile.

Guys be serious ffs! Puking is an important part of all adventuring! You should totally implement it as a completely new level of strategy - should I eat that ancient cheese which looks like poo and risk puking and getting sick or not and stay hungry or maybe I should eat it and then follow it with some ancient brandy risking getting drunk? CHOICES CHOICES CHOICES AND CONSEQUENCES THIS IS WHAT RPG SHOULD BE ABOUT AFTER ALL