Favorite Fo3 weapons

hoofhearted4

so what weapon did you find yourself using the most in FallOut 3. what weapon was your favorite and why?

both my second and third play through i found myself using the Lincoln Repeater for most of the game. although on my third playthrough when i finally did all the DLCs, i switched to the Gauss Rifle from Operation Anchorage and the Infiltrator from The Pitt. just liked the scopes on them, liked to play ranged/stealth/sniper and both of those weapons let me play from afar or up close. and because i played FO3 for Ps3, i never got to try mods (which is why i got FONV for PC)

what about you :)

liked to play ranged/stealth/sniper

Music to my ears :biggrin:

Anyway, I don't particularly like any of the vanilla weapons, though I must admit that the gauss rifle was a fun toy to play with for a while.

And plasma and laser based weapons are only fun to shoot when you've installed EVE. Same goes for the Alien Blaster and the Firelance.

As for mod-added weapons: Well, that's a entirely different story.

When it comes to ridiculously overpowered sniper rifles I choose The Finger of God. Incredibly powerful, has a silenced variant and has some of the nicest textures you'll find on a gun.

Futuristic/manga style sniper rifles: the GhostArmor HGEC mod comes with 2 variants of a bad-ass looking sort of laser/plasma sniper rifle.

As for the most realistic one: Well, I always liked the "Whispering Death" SVD from the good old "Book of Earache" mod. It was basically a dragunov sniper rifle equipped with a silencer and converted to fire 9X39 mm subsonic rounds (hence the name "Whispering Death").

i almost want to buy FO3 on PC just to try mods. ive already beaten the game 3 times and all the DLC as well, but i think i could still go another round or two on PC

buy FO3 on PC just to try mods.

This part. :biggrin:

I think you will find that there are many, many great mods that can drastically expand the amount of time you'll be playing it.

Some of the biggest quest mods alone are more expansive then most DLC's. The recently released Alton IL quest mod is a prime example of this.

For me, the 700 Nitro Express is hard to beat - it was the first mod I ever put in my game and I still have it. Good range, buttload of damage, steady (though limited) ammo supply. Just about anything less than a Reaver or Overlord dies in one shot. Magic.

Alexscorpion's Sniper Gear is also derned good. I especially like using the silenced version with Stealth Armour when taking down Paradise Falls, Evergreen Mills and Fort Bannister. They never stand a chance.

The Starblazer from the 'Despicable Dashwood' mod is my favourite energy weapon, even if its ..... peculiarity rules against using it stealthily. ;)

For hand-to-hand, the Multipilebunker from 'Uncle Shub's Salad Scissors', all the way.

Edited by 7thsealord

• 3 weeks later...